Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Have A Beautiful Day

I'm back with another post this week, this time to share my inspiration project for SweetStamps Challenge #129 - Silhouettes! Come play with us! I'm so stoked to be guest designing for the entire month of August! Many, many thanks to Kendra and crew! Woo-hoo!

My sister and I kind of stalked the SweetStamps booth at the Heirloom Paper Arts Festival in Lawrenceville, GA, back in February. ;) We didn't mean to... it just sort of happened. First it was all the stamps and ink pads and embossing powders and dies... then it was the product/technique demos. We'd stand there and watch for a while, then we'd walk around to other booths, but we always found our way back to the SweetStamps booth... almost like a magnetic field was pulling us in! Hahaha! Of course we bought a number of products used in several of the demos we watched, and I have to say that I've been extremely pleased with everything - from stamps, ink pads, dies and embossing powder to parchment crafting tools and accessories. The list goes on! I've also ordered from their online store and their customer service is impeccable along with lightening fast shipping!

I wanted to keep my card simple and elegant. I stamped and embossed the absolutely gorgeous SweetStamps "In Her Easter Bonnet" on ivory cardstock, matted it on black cardstock and used just a few pale pink embellishments. What a beauty! ;)



I stamped the inside sentiment with SweetStamps "Have A Beautiful Day" on the ivory cardstock, matted it on black cardstock and affixed it to a strip of a pink Memory Box Piestra Tile die cut.


Recipe:

I hope I've inspired you to create a beautiful silhouette project for this SweetStamps challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

  1. ooooh!!! elegant indeed!! and i love how simple and yet sophisticated it is: lots of little details like the pearls in the open corners, the contrasted layers and this beauuutiful shiny bow!!
    this silhouette stamp is very inspiring...
    and you've been elected guest designer ? wooooo!! excellent!! i'm going to check out the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's just something so elegant about a black and white card...very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card inside and out, great job with the silhouette challenge and glad to have you with us at SweetStamps this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D