Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dresden Rose Happy Birthday

OMG! I'm ecstatic and busting at the seams to share my first parchment crafting project! This technique is one that "grabbed" my sister and I, and pulled us to the SweetStamps booth at the Heirloom Paper Arts Festival in Lawrenceville, GA, that I mentioned a couple posts ago! Have to say this is one of my new favorite techniques! This is my inspiration project for SweetStamps Challenge #132 - Birthday! Come play with us! This was great fun and I honestly can't wait to create another one! This is the last SweetStamps challenge in August,so that means it's my last post as guest designer. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself and thank Stacey, Kendra and team once again for this amazing opportunity! :)

I used the totally gorgeous (gor-juss) "Dresden Rose Circle" stamp, embossed with SweetStamps fine detail white embossing powder on 36-lb. vellum. I colored the image with Bic Mark-It markers this time (on the back side), cut it with a 4-split perforating tool and mounted it on three very pretty die cuts. I added three sets of two tiny white flat-back pearls in the upper right corner.


Here's a close-up of that beautiful image!


The inside sentiment is SweetStamps "Happy Birthday" stamped in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.


Recipe:

I'd love to enter this pretty card into the following challenges:

I hope you're inspired to create a beautiful project for the SweetStamps Birthday challenge! Take the plunge and try some parchment crafting if you've never tried it - you'll love it! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so fabulous! Love the color combination and the great design. So pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning creation, love it!

I used to find parchment relaxing, sadly don't have much time for it any more.


Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Shanna Shands said...

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!

Laura Love said...

What a cool project! I love the colors and the intricate design! Looks so pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope that you will play along with us again soon!

Jacqueline Smith said...

abulous card, thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Roxie said...

Very nice card, I like everything about it! Nice job with the challenge!