Monday, July 1, 2013

'The Siren' Earrings

I've been playing in the scrap room again... this time creating some earrings for the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's Challenge #9 - Anything Goes! Come play with us! We know "Anything Goes" challenges are a crowd pleaser so we try to indulge you periodically! ;)

I decided a couple weeks ago that I wanted to create something with this gorgeous Blockheads siren stamp but didn't necessarily want to make a card. I was poking around in the cabinets and spotted the Shrinky Dinks sheets. That was it... the earrings idea was born! I wanted to keep the design simple and not too flashy, which I think I accomplished. They are super lightweight and look really stunning!

I stamped the image twice on a Shrinky Dinks plastic sheet, cut the images out, hole punched them, and put them in the (preheated) toaster oven for just a minute or two. They took literally just seconds to cool, then I colored just the flowers with Bic Mark-It markers and highlighted them with a Stardust pen, and coated the pieces with Diamond Glaze. The last step involved making the bead "danglies" (another of my passions besides stamping) and affixing them to the ear wires. I had forgotten how much fun this stuff is to work with! The possibilities are endless and I can definitely see some more Shrinky Dinks jewelry creations in my future! LOL!

I'd love to enter 'The Siren' earrings into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Bright White 8-1/2 x 11 Shrinky Dinks plastic sheet
  • Blockheads Paper Arts Collage Sirens stamp set
  • Jet Black StazOn ink
  • Bic Mark-It markers in yellow, orange and red
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • JudiKins Diamond Glaze
  • Silver, clear, and yellow heart beads; jump rings; fish-hook earring wires



I hope I've inspired you to think "outside the box" and create something different! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!! I LOVE this!!! What a cool idea!!i haven't used this stuff since i was little ;) it looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazingly creative!! The image is sexy and love that you just colored the flowers. That's for sharing, it's great seeing new and different projects to get the juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,fabulous job on Anything Goes. It has gotten me to thinking in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely...You are such a creative artist...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible girlie!! Love the creative idea and love the way they turned out!!!
    Hugs,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These earrings are just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie...I love your earrings! They are so detailed and beautifully done. Love the colors and the little beads hanging from them. Such delicate work! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your earrings are beautiful! Love that image...thanks so much for playing along with us @ CWWC & hope to see you back again for our Christmas in July Challenge next week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D