I decided a couple weeks ago that I wanted to create something with this gorgeous Blockheads siren stamp but didn't necessarily want to make a card. I was poking around in the cabinets and spotted the Shrinky Dinks sheets. That was it... the earrings idea was born! I wanted to keep the design simple and not too flashy, which I think I accomplished. They are super lightweight and look really stunning!
I stamped the image twice on a Shrinky Dinks plastic sheet, cut the images out, hole punched them, and put them in the (preheated) toaster oven for just a minute or two. They took literally just seconds to cool, then I colored just the flowers with Bic Mark-It markers and highlighted them with a Stardust pen, and coated the pieces with Diamond Glaze. The last step involved making the bead "danglies" (another of my passions besides stamping) and affixing them to the ear wires. I had forgotten how much fun this stuff is to work with! The possibilities are endless and I can definitely see some more Shrinky Dinks jewelry creations in my future! LOL!
I'd love to enter 'The Siren' earrings into the following challenges:
- Crafting When We Can: Challenge #47 - Keep It Simple
- Simon Says Stamp & Show: Anything goes!
- That Craft Place Challenge Blog: FLOWERS
- Stampin For The Weekend: Anything goes!
- Whoopsidaisy Challenge: Lets Get Girly Challenge
- Bright White 8-1/2 x 11 Shrinky Dinks plastic sheet
- Blockheads Paper Arts Collage Sirens stamp set
- Jet Black StazOn ink
- Bic Mark-It markers in yellow, orange and red
- Sakura Stardust pen
- JudiKins Diamond Glaze
- Silver, clear, and yellow heart beads; jump rings; fish-hook earring wires
I hope I've inspired you to think "outside the box" and create something different! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)