Monday, June 3, 2013

Special Delivery

Can you believe we are launching Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's Challenge #7 already?! Our theme this time is "Rockin' Rubbah" and we are being sponsored by the fabulous Heartfelt Creations! Come play with us! You just could be the proud winner of a $25 gift certificate! OMG... that would be totally awesome! What an array of goodies could be had with that! ;) As you can guess by the theme name, this is a rubber stamp image 'only' challenge - no digi images allowed!

For my DT inspiration project, I created a hand-cut "onesie" baby card for a co-worker who is having a baby boy. I used some awesome coordinating large plaid and tiny checkered papers from a new Recollections Bold Basics paper pad I recently got at Michaels, paired with some new Brown Bag cardstock from The Paper Cut that I used for the bib. I used several rubber stamps - the heart on the bib and the front sentiment are from the Gina K Designs Special Delivery stamp set, and the inside sentiment is from Lost Coast Designs Party Words stamp set. I don't do very many boy/masculine cards, but I just love how this turned out! It IS possible to make a card without all the girly ribbons, bows and pearls! :)

I'd love to enter this baby boy card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock; The Paper Cut Brown Bag cardstock
  • Recollections Bold Basics paper pad
  • Hand-cut onesie template (which I'll add to my Freebies page soon)
  • GKD Special Delivery stamp set
  • LCD Party Words stamp set
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles, Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies
  • Silver nail heads from stash





Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

Angelique said...

Cute as a button. Wonderfull choice of papers.

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Leanne said...

Leslie, this super cute, nicely done. I love the paper, it's very cute! Way to go!

Cherished said...

Adorable card. Great design.

Michelle McClure said...

What a great card for a little boy, I bet your coworker loved it! This is just too cute to boot.

FeistyCrafter said...

Love shape cards! This is adorable! I'm sure your co-worker loved it! Cute color combo and the scallop edges are a great touch.
I miss baby onesies :( they are so cute

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

This is such a cte card. I love the shape and pper you used. The boy card is totally adorable and any MOM would love seeing it.

Lisa Carroll said...

Absolutely adorable! Perfect colors and patterns. :) Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

BrendaB said...

Leslie, this is so cute! I think it's hard to make a baby boy card, but this one is perfect!

craftyteacher (Vikki) said...

cute idea- I love shaped cards. thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas. x