Sunday, May 19, 2013

Vintage Note Cards

Our Blockheads Paper Arts DT is showcasing vintage/shabby chic projects during the month of May, and I was busy in the scrap room this weekend creating this very cool set of 4 vintage note cards and a couple other projects that you'll see later on! I absolutely LOVE distressing my projects! It takes so little effort to get such a profound result!

For these 4" square note cards, my supply list is really minimal. I used one stamp from the awesome Blockheads Up In The Attic Full Sheet and a sentiment stamp from the Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set, some Antique Linen and Brown Bag cardstock, Ranger Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks, Versamark and Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. That's it!

I cut four card bases from the Antique Linen cardstock and inked the edges, first with the Antique Linen distress ink (inward about 3/4" from each edge) and then with the Walnut Stain distress ink. I cut eight 4" squares of the Brown Bag cardstock and stamped the book and pen image in Versamark in the center of four of them, along with the "Just a note" sentiment in the lower left corner, which I embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I tore and distressed the edges of all eight pieces and inked them all over with the Antique Linen distress ink, and then inked the edges of each with the Walnut Stain distress ink.

I attached the embossed pieces to the front and the plain pieces to the inside. I finished each one by stamping  the post card stamp (also from the Blockheads Up In The Attic Full Sheet) on the inside in the Antique Linen distress ink so it would create a very light watermark type image. I just love how these turned out and can't wait for an occasion to give them to somebody! Hahaha! ;)  AND I created something totally cool with only one layer and no embellishments! Woo-hoo! It CAN be done!! ;)

Recipe:
  • Marco's Antique Linen cardstock; The Paper Cut Brown Bag cardstock
  • Ranger Antique Linen distress ink
  • Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink
  • Blockheads Up In The Attic Full Sheet
  • Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set
  • Versamark
  • Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder



A peek at the inside... look very closely - there's a post card watermark in the center!


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments: