Saturday, May 25, 2013

Vintage Ladies Note Cards

I've been busy creating more samples for Linda with Lost Coast Designs! I created these three note cards with new images in her catalogue called Lingerie, Two Women and French Maid! Love, love, love! They were SO much fun to work with and the possibilities with these stamps are endless... to color or not to color... to use patterned paper or solid or shimmer background... so I did all the above! These are definitely some sultry ladies! Hehehe!

I was dubbed the "Note Card Queen" a while back because I personally love cards that are blank on the inside so I can write my own sentiment - whether the card is given for a special occasion or not. When I saw these gorgeous vintage ladies, I knew immediately I was going to create note cards with them. We're required to create "flat" cards because Linda showcases them in her booth when she travels around to paper arts shows, and the booth walls are folded flat for traveling, so you'll notice that these cards aren't real dimensional.

The first card I'd like to share with you was done with the Lingerie stamp. Isn't she gorgeous?! This was super simple. The card base is Brown Bag cardstock and the background is leopard print paper, both from The Paper Cut. I stamped the image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on GKD ivory cardstock and cut her out with a Spellbinders Long Rectangles die. I added some black metal corners to the image and some nail heads down both scalloped sides. I think this image looks fabulous with the leopard print paper!




The next card was created with the Two Women stamp. OMG - this image is amazing! You can't see in the photo real well, but the background is gorgeous Marco's ivory linen cardstock. I stamped these beautiful ladies in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on ivory cardstock and chose to fussy cut them out and place them atop two beautifully intricate die cuts made from shades of brown cardstock. The square die cut was made with a Spellbinders Adorning Squares die and the round die cut was made with the Cheery Lynn English Tea Party die. The corner embellishments are punch-outs left over from the Adorning Squares die cut paired with some chocolate flat-back pearls! I did put a bow on this one - fashioned from some ivory seam binding. I think I'm gonna have to make another one of these for myself! ;)




And the last card I'm sharing with you today was created with the French Maid stamp. I absolutely love this image! I wanted to mat her on some DCWV brown shimmer cardstock and thought she'd look better in color, so I colored her up with a few Copics - E00, Y21, R00/20, RV 21 and C1. I cut her out with a Spellbinders Long Rectangles die, and used a Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Petal die on one side of the brown shimmer cardstock background. I embellished this beauty with some brown flat-back pearls, some nail heads, a Quickutz mini envelope die cut and a MeiFlower bow. I may just have to make another one of these for myself, too! A girl can't have too many note cards, you know! ;)



Stay tuned because I'll be back in a day or two with three more samples I created using some Lost Coast Designs Nostalgic Children stamps! You'll love these!

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments: