I have to say I had a great time with this one, and am very pleased with how it turned out! I stamped the butterfly on 36-lb vellum in white dye ink, then embossed it with Black Fantasy embossing powder. I colored the wings of the butterfly (on the back side) with purple, green, pink and yellow Smooch inks and set aside to dry. The background was created by applying VersaMagic Night Sky ink directly onto the Gelli Plate in a circular fashion, then pressing the cardstock down onto it. I then dropped Eggplant, Cranberry, Purple Twilight, Sunset Orange, Lettuce and Sunshine Yellow Adirondack alcohol inks randomly in a butterfly trail pattern (from about 12" above) down onto the background piece and sprayed the piece with a handmade Perfect Pearl mist and water in a mini mister.
Once dried, I trimmed the background piece and rounded the corners, then matted it on black crinkle cardstock. I adhered the piece to an ivory cardstock base with rounded corners. I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I cut out the butterfly using a Pergamano 4-prong perforating tool, attached some gold wire antennae and adhered it to the front with Kool Tak a clear foam square cut in half. Just beautiful!
I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:
- 365 Cards: Day 143 - Pick-A-Pattern (circular pattern of background and circular small/medium/large drops of alcohol ink!)
- 365 Cards: Day 138 - Back To Nature
- 4 Crafty Chicks: 4CCC #143 - Critters!
- Addicted To Stamps and More: Challenge #46 - Anything Goes!
- Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Challenge #93 - Handmade Backgrounds
- Card Makin Mamas: CMM70 - Rubber Stamps
- Simon Says Stamp & Show: Favorite Ink
- GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; The Paper Cut black crinkle cardstock
- Lost Coast Designs Butterflies stamp set
- Lost Coast Designs Party Words stamp set
- Sweet Stamps 36-lb vellum
- Sweet Stamps white dye ink
- Sweet Stamps Fantasy Black embossing powder
- Pergamano 4-prong perforating tool
- VersaMagic Night Sky dew drop ink
- Purple, green, pink and yellow Smooch inks
- Adirondack Eggplant, Cranberry, Purple Twilight, Sunset Orange, Lettuce and Sunshine Yellow alcohol inks
- Handmade Perfect Pearl powder; mini mister
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Kool Tak clear foam dimensional squares
Here's a close-up shot of that gorgeous shimmery butterfly!
Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)