Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yes! Congrats Card

I played with the Grungeboard again this past weekend and had a blast! As mentioned in my last post, the Blockheads Paper Arts DT is showcasing projects made with Grungeboard during the month of April. This is really fun stuff - it's pliable and very easy to work with. It looks like leather even smells like leather! LOL! I was blog stalking over the weekend and spotted Laura's Creative Collage which really inspired me. I spent a few minutes looking around her blog and all of her projects are just amazing!

I created this patchwork card using scraps from my small cardstock scraps bin. Some of them were scraps from backgrounds I had created for other projects and a few of them were scraps I stamped on specifically for this project. But the most fun part was inking and embossing (with UTEE) the Grungeboard letters! I definitely had some inky fingers! I cleaned off my desk and countertop (yes, even dusted!) in my scrap room Saturday morning and put all stray items away, and by noon, you wouldn't have even known that it had been cleaned! Hahaha!

Despite it's looks, this card really was very simple! I selected various sized scraps of coral, light blue, ivory, purple, green, black, brown and white cardstock and laid them out. As mentioned above, several of them were already-stamped or spritzed left-overs from previous projects using Rose Bud Fireworks! Craft Ink Spray, Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set with the Gelli Plate, Blockheads Dot Stippler with Memento Bamboo Leaves and Memento Pear Tart ink, Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet and Lost Coast Designs Cheesecloth background stamp.

I stamped several other scraps specifically for this project with stamps from Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions, Botanical Silhouettes and Honey Bees ATC Set, and the inside sentiment is from Verses Full Sheet. I used some fine detail Pearl embossing powder, as well as VersaCraft White and Maize ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk and Rich Cocoa ink, and Versamark Dazzle ink. I inked all of pieces with Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink before assembling them to adhere to the 4.25" x 5.5" card base.

To create those gorgeous letters, I painted the Grungeboard with Gesso, and when dry, I inked the letters (DTP) with VersaMagic Jumbo Java dew drop ink and then tapped some Adirondack Gold Mixative ink onto each of them. I colored all the raised circles with Blue Smooch ink, and then either dotted or streaked Purple, Pink, Green and Aqua Smooch inks onto them before embossing them with Versamark and UTEE.

I adhered the letters to the front, then added a strip of white flat-back pearls and a gorgeous WOC metal flower embellishment adorned with a yellow flat-back pearl in the center. I stamped Congratulations in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the inside and adhered a tiny clear gemstone over the C. I think this is stunning! Thank you, Laura, for the inspiration!







Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D