Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Your Day

Time is just flying by! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We're already into Challenge #3 with Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog and it's a Recipe challenge! They are so much fun! Come play with us! The Recipe is 3 (or more) layers, 2 patterned papers and 1 image. We're being sponsored by the awesome A Day For Daisies and they're offering the winner a $12 gift certificate to their ADFD Shop! Woo-hoo!

I couldn't decide on just one image for this challenge, so I created two DT inspiration projects - one with the absolutely gorgeous "Braid In My Hair" digi and the other with the Asianesque "Waiting" digi which I'll post separately.

ADFD generously provided images for each DT member to work with. Needless to say, I fell madly in love with the Braid In My Hair image as soon as I laid eyes on it! I guess I do it backwards, but I always color my images first (depending on the mood I'm in) and then pick my papers. I colored her up with just a few Copics - E000/33/35, R20/22, Y21, B00/02 - and then cut her with a Spellbinders Floral Ovals die. I'm in love with these SB dies! The salmon and blue cardstock are from my stash, the plaid paper is from the DCWV Mango Frost matstack and the blue/white polka dot is from Doodlebug Design Hello Spring 6x6 paper pack (cut with Magnolia Doohickey Tilda Lace die). The ribbon is from Studios Blackbird. The Forget Me Not Stem die, MeiFlower bow and Melissa Frances baby blue flat-back pearls are all new goodies I just got from My Crafty Heart. The round It's Your Day stamp is from Lili of the Valley, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The white flat-back pearls and tiny clear gemstones are from my stash. I just love how this turned out! I amazed myself with my coloring! Hehehe!

I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! Stay tuned for my post on my other ADFD creation - my Bird Song card!

Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

Cherished said...

Love what you did with this card. The image is beautiful. Great reveal!

FeistyCrafter said...

You did amazing job coloring!! This image is beautiful

Michelle McClure said...

I'm amazed with your coloring also. This card this stunning!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

This card is amazing. I love your col, the dies and the paper is perfect. Fabulous job.

Christine L said...

Lovely card with those fabulous bluebirds!

Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss this time.

Hugs
Christine x

DesignerDiva said...

Love that image! I've had those days LOL
Thank you for playing along with the Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Valerie said...

Leslie:
Your card is beautiful. Love it a lot.

Jenn Bedient said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the image and design. The grunge board cards are fantastic and your bird song card is just stunning. Love them all!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment!

Hope you have a great day!

- Jenn