Monday, April 1, 2013

Bird Song

This is my second DT inspiration project for our Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog Challenge #3 - Recipe! The recipe is 3 (or more) layers, 2 patterned papers and 1 image. We're being sponsored by the awesome A Day For Daisies! They are offering the winner of this challenge a $12 gift certificate to the ADFD Shop! Come play with us! I so love their images and could not decide on just one image to play with, so I created a card with the Asianesque "Waiting" digi and the "Braid In My Hair" digi which I posted separately.

I got the Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection a couple months ago and these papers are amazingly beautiful! I was really itching to use some of them, so when I saw this image I knew I had to have it! I colored her up with several Copics - E000/00/35, R00/20/27, G12/20/24, C3/5, YG17, Y00/21 - and mounted the image on a Spellbinders Marvelous Squares black cardstock die cut. I'm loving the SB dies in this series - I bought three and have used two of them so far. They are yummy! The Graphic 45 papers are mounted on black crinkle paper from The Paper Cut. The ribbon is from Studios Blackbird. The metal corner is from Flonzcraft (painted with white Gesso and dabbed with Ranger Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain). I created the six small flowers with the McGill Petite Petals punch and adhered tiny white flat-back pearls (from my stash) in the centers. I used a Tim Holtz Idea-ology charm clip to hold the Bird Song stamp. This is my first Asian project and I think it turned out pretty nice! ;)




Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

  1. Perfect paper. Great design. Lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe!! LOVE the colors in the dp, which are perfect for this image. I think you hit the Asian right on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Japanese feel of this card. The colors and patterns work so well together. What a gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, this is a lovely card. I might even think about framing it. Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D