Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beaded Grungeboard Earrings!

Well, it's hard to believe this month is almost over, and I'm posting my final Grungeboard project for the month, as Blockheads Paper Arts DT has been showcasing Grungeboard projects during the month of April. I keep saying that Christmas will be here before we know it, and it really will be! I'm thinking ahead a little bit and this pair of earrings will make a nice Christmas gift! I had so much fun creating the Floral Ornament Earrings using EcoArtBoard back in mid-February, that I decided to try my hand at it again, this time with Grungeboard! ;)

I have to blame my sister, Syd, for turning me into a beading freak! The beads used on these earrings are left-overs from a bracelet I made a month or so ago. So... if I decide to keep them for myself (hehehe), they'd go real well with the bracelet! Or, I could include the bracelet with the earrings in the Christmas gift! I have a little time to decide!

I used two rectangular pieces of Grungeboard and cut the center out of each with a craft knife. I stamped the fronts of the Grungeboard pieces with the spotted background stamp from Blockheads 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Using DTP method, I inked front and back sides of both squares with Aspen Mist, Night Sky and then Oasis Green VersaMagic dew drop inks. I dabbed Adirondack Gold alcohol ink lightly onto the fronts and back, and then sealed them with a coat of Glossy Accents. I adhered the beads and earring wires, and voila! I think they turned out pretty well for my second attempt at funky dangly earrings! ;)

Recipe:
  • Grungeboard rectangular shapes
  • Blockheads 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Aspen Mist VersaMagic dew drop ink
  • Night Sky VersaMagic dew drop ink
  • Oasis Green VersaMagic dew drop ink
  • Adirondack Gold alcohol ink
  • Glossy Accents
  • Earring wires
  • Assorted beads and findings from stash






And here's the bracelet... the earrings go well with it, don't you think?! ;)


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

  1. I think those earrings and matching bracelet are amazing! Love all the details and who would think grungeboard could be turned into something so gorgeous! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness these are lovely...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! These are absolutely stunning, Leslie! Love the colors and design!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    - Jenn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D