Thursday, March 7, 2013

Rock Star CD Case

This is my DT inspiration project for Paper Crafting Journey's "Anything But A Card" Challenge! We're sponsored this time by The Paper Shelter! OMG - what adorable images they have! I chose the super cute Rock Star digi for my CD case. It's been a while since I altered a tin and I have to say that I really wasn't 'feeling' this project until I started laying all the elements down to figure out placement, then it just kind of came together. :) I also used pink and red together, which I almost never do, and I think that contributed to some of the initial awkwardness! But it's all good - I love the way it turned out!

The light pink cardstock and medium pink marbled paper are some oldies from my stash, as well as the Scrabble letters and the round letter 'U' and the bright pink rick-rack. I used Copics to color the image - RV 21/23/25, R00/20/22/24/27, E000/00/07, C5 and Y08. The gorgeous white crochet lace and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, one of my favorite online stores. The ticket is from a package of ephemera that I got at the Heirloom Paper Arts Festival in GA last month. I just got the baker's twine a couple weeks ago. The finishing touch was the pink flat-back pearls. I believe I'll earmark this little treasure for my granddaughter! ;)

I'd love to enter my Rock Star CD case into the following challenges:



Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

Lady Bug Stampers said...

That CD case is adorable. Love that image. Very creative. Thanks for sharing with us at Created with love challenges.
Linda K.

Min said...

This is fabulous!
We're so happy you played along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
We hope you join us again this week!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Scrappin Chris said...

Wonderful project. I need to make one for myself. SOOO cute. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at
Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

mixamatoasties said...

What a great idea.

Thank you for joining in at That Craft Place this time.

Susan

sgc said...

This is SO cute! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo "Anything Goes" challenge.

Maria Rud said...

Your CD case rocks!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges.

Hugs,
Maria

trisha too said...

Leslie that is ADORABLE!!!!

:)

Helen said...

Great project. Thanks for sharing with us at Dutch Dare for our 'Girls Rule' challenge.

Hugs Helen DT xx

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

So pretty!!! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

Victoria Norris said...

What a fantastic project, its gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at challenges 4 everybody, Vickie, DT

Cindy said...

Very cute case idea! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces this week! Rock On!!! :)