Monday, March 4, 2013

For you my friend

Well, I've been anxiously awaiting the first Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog challenge, and the day is finally here! I set the wheels in motion a couple months ago to get this new challenge blog up and running, and on one hand it seems 'forever ago' but on the other hand, it seems like yesterday! The excitement has definitely been mounting! ;)

As you saw in the teaser post on Saturday, the theme for Challenge #1 is Anything Goes! We know this is a favorite! We're being sponsored by the wonderful Bugaboo Digi Stamps and they are offering 7 free digis to the winner! Come play with us! You know you love you some Bugaboo! ;)

I chose the sweet and simple "Single Flower Vase" digi for my DT inspiration project. I paper pieced the image with yellow, green, red and orange lightweight cardstock. I love paper piecing - makes me feel like a Kindergartner all over again! Most of my card projects are 5.5" x 4.25" but I went way out of my norm with this one, creating a tall skinny card which measures approximately 8.5" x 3.5". My sister hooked me up with several kraft card bases and matching envelopes when I visited her last month for the Heirloom Paper Arts Festival, so I was itching to use one!

I used a stamp from the Blockheads Grunge It Up stamp set with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink to make the randomly stamped background, and the sentiment is from the Gina K Designs Various Verses stamp set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I distressed the edges of the focal image and the card base with Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink. I added some twine and some bling to finish it up. Love the dirty/distressed but sweet look! ;)


Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Leslie, fabulous take on the Digi. Thanks for opening this blog and challenging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty :) i love the gorgeous stamp...very elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Leslie and congrats on the new challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie, your card is wonderful and congratulations on opening your challenge blog. I also would like to thank you for your kind words with the passing of my husband. It means the world to me knowing I have so many who cared. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting your challenge blog up and running. I adore your card, I can't believe you paper pieced a digi stamp! That is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting your challenge blog up and running. I adore your card, I can't believe you paper pieced a digi stamp! That is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card Leslie and Good Luck with the Challenges. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D