I used the beautiful "Cockatoo" digi for my card. I have a little bit of 'spring fever' going on and wanted some color! I colored up this adorable little feathered friend with these Copics - YG13/17, E33/39, Y15/17, G24, R27 and YR18. I used Spellbinders Classic Circles and Labels Eighteen dies and embossed both die cuts. I also embossed the white background with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The green striped paper is some I've had in my stash for several years. The sentiment is from GKD Falling For You stamp set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The ribbon is from Studios Blackbird that I got last month at the Heirloom Paper Arts Festival in Georgia. It's primarily yellow but has some shimmery green fibers in it - it's really gorgeous ribbon! I finished up the card with an assortment of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers (my absolute fav), and some white flat-back pearls and a few tiny red gemstones from my stash.
I love the way this turned out and it will be so perfect for someone who is embarking on a new adventure in life, whether it be a new job or a move to a new city or state! :)
I'd love to enter my card into the following challenges:
- 2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Challenge #135 - Flowers For Spring
- Tuesday Alchemy: Challenge #52 - Anything Goes
- Card Makin Mamas: It's Springtime!
- Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Challenge #162 - Add A Sentiment
- Totally Gorjuss: Challenge 175 - Something Old (green striped paper)
- Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge": Challenge 84 - Flowers
Thank so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)