Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bon Voyage

The Blockheads Paper Arts DT is showcasing "travel" themed projects this month. For my DT inspiration project, I created a Bon Voyage card using several products available at Blockheads - stamps from the Blockheads Vintage Travel and Vintage Railway stamp sets, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Tim Holtz Tarnished Brass Distress Stain, Red Liner Tape Sheet, Gesso and yellow flocking. I have a different brand of flocking in my stash, but Blockhead's flocking is awesome, so I linked their product. This was great fun and very easy - I created it this afternoon after I got home from spending the weekend at St. George Island with my hubby!

I created a 5.5" x 4.25" ivory card base. I cut a piece of brown cardstock approximately 3/4 of length of the card base and cut a border across the bottom using Spellbinders Classic Petals Edgeabilities dies. I set the leftover piece from the very bottom aside to use later. I painted a Flonzcraft metal corner with Gesso and set it aside to dry. I stamped the large suitcase background from the Vintage Travel stamp set in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on ivory cardstock and cut it out. I also stamped the visitor's ticket from the Vintage Railway stamp set in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on ivory cardstock and cut it out.

I had a very small piece of Red Liner Tape Sheet left in my stash and was able to cut a 1/2" strip from it which I affixed to the lower portion of the brown cardstock just above the border. I adhered the yellow flocking to the tape and then attached a thin piece of Studios Blackbird yellow ribbon. I also fashioned a small bow from the yellow ribbon and set it aside. I went back to the Gesso-painted metal corner and dabbed the Tarnished Brass Distress Stain on it and set it aside for that to dry. I adhered the brown cardstock with border to the cardbase. I then matted the stamped suitcase background on some of the brown cardstock and again on another piece of ivory cardstock. I affixed the stamped visitor's ticket diagonally across the suitcase background with foam pads. I went back to the metal corner again and dabbed a second coat of the Tarnished Brass Distress Stain on it and set it aside to dry.

I adhered the small piece of leftover border to the bottom of the card base, then stamped Bon Voyage from the Vintage Travel stamp set Memento Rich Cocoa ink in the lower right corner. I attached the metal corner to the upper left corner of the suitcase background, then adhered the entire unit in a diagonal fashion with foam pads to the front of the card. I attached the tiny yellow bow and some brown flat-back pearls (lower left and upper right) to finish the card. I think it turned out kind of neat, and I really like the fact that the visitor's ticket stamp is an exact match to the suitcase background, even though they are from different stamp sets! Cool, huh?!


Thanks so much for stopping by today - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

Nicie Ibarra said...

This is beautiful!!! :)