Sunday, March 24, 2013

All Aboard (Train)

I was a busy bee this weekend despite it being the weekend from hell! First the router took a dump yesterday afternoon and then my new laptop from Santa that I've had a just mere 90 days ago crashed last evening! Yes, c-r-a-s-h-e-d! OMG! Bad luck supposedly comes in threes, so I kept wondering all day today what was going to be next! But I made three Blockheads DT inspiration projects that all turned out pretty well, so I'm going to count that as some good luck! :)

The Blockheads DT is showcasing travel themed cards during the month of March and all three projects I made this weekend were created with the same stamp set. I'll post each project separately. The first is a masculine card with only five items on the supply list! Yep - ivory and black cardstock, train stamp from the Blockheads Vintage Railway stamp set, Versamark Dazzle, Ranger clear super fine detail embossing powder and some flat-back pearls from my stash. I know... pearls on a guy's card. It's not a bad thing, really! The Versamark Dazzle is some awesome stuff! It gave the clear embossing powder just enough shimmer to be seen against the black cardstock.

I cut a 5.5" x 4.25" card base from ivory cardstock and matted a slightly smaller piece of black cardstock to it. I stamped "All aboard" in the lower right corner with Versamark Dazzle and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then stamped the train on another piece of black cardstock with Versamark Dazzle and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I trimmed the train image and matted it on a piece of ivory cardstock, then affixed it to the card front. I finished the card with three ivory flat-back pearls in the upper right and lower left corners. That's it - this card literally took 30 minutes to make! This definitely falls in the CAS category - simple elegance for sure! [Note: The lighting isn't up to par in this photo - there is not really a dark spot in the middle of the image.]


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments: