Sunday, March 24, 2013

All Aboard (Railway Lantern)

The Blockheads Paper Arts DT is showcasing travel themed cards during the month of March, and this is the second DT inspiration project I created this weekend - another masculine card using the Blockheads Vintage Railway stamp set and the Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set. I love both of these sets! This card also worked up quickly, taking approximately 30 minutes, and requiring only a few items on the supply list - ivory and kraft cardstock, background stamp, Studio Charcoal Black paint, railway lantern and sentiment stamps, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and three black gemstones. I played with the Gelli plate for this project and the next one I'll show you! Sure got some inky fingers! ;)

I cut a 5.5" x 4.25" card base from ivory cardstock. I stamped the peeling paint background on kraft cardstock with Studio Charcoal Black paint brayered onto the Gelli plate. I matted it on some black crinkle paper and adhered it to the card base. I stamped the railway lantern and the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink which I trimmed and matted on some of the same black paper. I affixed the lantern image to the card front with dimensional foam pads, and finished the card with three black gemstones centered at the bottom. Another example of simple elegance! I love how this turned out!


Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

FeistyCrafter said...

I love this!!! Gorgeous