Sunday, March 24, 2013

1st Class Boston Note Cards

As promised, I'm back with the third Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project I created this weekend! Our DT is showcasing travel themed projects during the month of March, and this little set of 4" square note cards was created with the Blockheads Vintage Railway stamp set, Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set and Grunge It Up stamp set, along with the Gelli plate! It's been a little while since I played with the Gelli plate so it was definitely time! This was so much fun! I don't know of anybody who has one of these cool little things that doesn't just absolutely love it!

I cut four 4" square card bases from ivory cardstock and set them aside. I cut four smaller square pieces of ivory cardstock to use as background pieces and laid them out on the desk. I put the Blockheads Dot Stippler on the Gelli Plate and inked the Gelli Plate with Memento Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart ink. I pressed one of the small background pieces down onto the Gelli plate to pull off the ink. I repeated this three more times with the other background pieces.

I cleaned off the Gelli plate and then laid down some VersaMagic Hint of Pesto dew drop ink onto the Gelli plate and pressed the diamonds background stamp into the ink. I lifted the stamp and pressed one of the background pieces down onto the Gelli plate to pull off that ink. I repeated this three more times with the other background pieces. I cleaned off the Gelli plate again and set it aside to dry thoroughly before putting it away. I stamped the text background onto the bottom portion of a background piece with Memento Bamboo Leaves and then stamped the large floral from the Grunge It Up stamp set across the top with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink. I repeated this three more times with the other background pieces. I spritzed each piece with Kiwi Perfect Pearls Mist and let them dry. I dropped several drops of Adirondack Alcohol Ink Gold Mixative onto each piece and then dropped some Alcohol Blending Solution onto the gold splatters to thin them out and set them aside to dry.

I stamped the 1st Class Boston stamp on ivory cardstock with Versamark and embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I repeated this three more times, and using the DTP method, I inked all four embossed pieces with Memento Pear Tart ink and wiped the ink off the embossing with a paper towel. I matted each background piece and each embossed piece on brown shimmer cardstock, and then adhered the background pieces to the card bases. I adhered a strip of soft olive green embossed paper horizontally across each of the background pieces, then affixed the embossed pieces to the card fronts with dimensional foam pads. I finished the cards with two brown flat-back pearls on the horizontal paper strip. I left the inside of each card blank to use as note cards. I think they turned out kind of neat!


Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments: