Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thank You For Everything!

Here is another Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project for our Perfect Pearls project showcase during the month of February. This was probably one of the easiest and quickest cards I've ever made! I used stamps from Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet and Verses Full Sheet.  The Floral Ornaments stamp set has some really gorgeous stamps in it that are just "perfect" for using Perfect Pearls! After brushing the powders onto the stamped image, I sprayed both the image and background pieces with some leftover white Perfect Pearl mist that was in a mini mister from my last Perfect Pearls project, which gave the black cardstock a marble appearance. Try as I might, I cannot get "clear" photos of this card, presumably due to the shimmer... they definitely look marbly! ;)

I cut a 5.5" x 4.25" card base from green cardstock, which is a first for me. I've never created a card with a green base but it definitely worked for this one! I stamped one of the floral images from the Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet with Versamark ink on black cardstock. I generally use Perfect Medium with Perfect Pearls, but wanted to try Versamark this time, which actually worked better for me than the Perfect Medium. Using Forever Green, Forever Violet and Forever Red powders (from the Jewels Perfect Pearls kit), I brushed the entire image and then trimmed it. I had some Perfect Pearl mist (white from the Metallics Perfect Pearls kit) in a mini mister that I made for my last Perfect Pearls project, so I misted the image piece as well as a larger piece of black cardstock that I cut for the background. Side note: Blockheads no longer carries the Jewels Perfect Pearls kit, but they do carry a bunch of open stock colors of Perfect Pearls powders, so go check out the selection! ;)

I matted the image on a piece of green cardstock and then adhered it to the background piece slightly above center, then adhered the entire unit onto the card base. I stamped the thank you sentiment from the Blockheads Verses Full Sheet on a strip of the green cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I matted the strip on a slightly wider strip of the black cardstock and affixed it to the inside. I finished the card with three black pearlized flat-back pearls in the lower right corner. That's it! So simple and gorgeous!

Recipe:
  • Marco's green cardstock; Paper and More black cardstock
  • Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet
  • Blockheads Verses Full Sheet
  • Versamark ink
  • Jewels Perfect Pearls kit
  • Metallics Perfect Pearls kit
  • Inkessentials Mini Mister
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Pearlized black flat-back pearls


Here's a close-up of the image - a little better view of the shimmer...


Here's a peek at the inside...


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie


1 comment:

  1. oooh beautiful! love all of the sparkle and that is such a pretty image :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D