Monday, February 18, 2013

Floral Ornament Earrings

This is my first-ever experience creating any kind of stamped jewelry! This set of earrings is another Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project I created for our Perfect Pearls project showcase during the month of February! I used a stamp from Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet (definitely having fun with this stamp set!), a couple rectangle pieces of EcoArtBoard recycled paperboard, two earring wires, some Perfect Pearls powders and handmade mists, silver foil tape and a few gemstones! They are kind of funky and very lightweight! I like the way they turned out - not too shabby for my first attempt! ;)

This was another super easy project. I simply took two rectangle pieces from the EcoArtBoard assortment pack, stamped a floral image from the Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet on each piece with Versamark ink, brushed Forever Blue powder (from the Perfect Pearls Jewels kit) and misted them with a handmade mist of white Perfect Pearl powder (from the Perfect Pearls Metallics kit) and water in a mini mister that was leftover from some other Perfect Pearl projects. I then added a tiny bit of Perfect Gold powder (also from the Perfect Pearls Metallics kit) to the mixture, added a little more water to the mister and misted them a second time to give a slight golden sheen to match the gold accents on the earring wires. I also misted the back of the tile. Once dry, I added some silver foil tape to the edges, punched holes in the top with my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite, added the rings and attached them to the earring wires. Easy peasy! I'm sure I'll be making some more of these! Lots of fun!

Recipe:
  • Two rectangle pieces of EcoArtBoard recycled paperboard (assortment pack)
  • Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet
  • Versamark ink
  • Perfect Pearls Jewels kit (Forever Blue powder)
  • Perfect Pearls Metallics kit (Perfect Pearl and Perfect Gold powders)
  • Inkessentials Mini Mister
  • Earring wires; small and medium jump rings
  • Silver foil tape
  • Tiny blue gemstones



A little closer look...



Thanks so much for stopping by today - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

wwilloww said...

Your earrings are beautiful! I found you through the Blockheads blog. So glad I did. Thanks for your instructions. I'm really impressed with how beautifully you applied the foil tape. I have never been that good with it but I'm willing to give it a try again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Alyce said...

woow!! these are gorgeous! :)

Nicie Ibarra said...

They're beautiful!!! I love the color!!!:)