Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thanks

This, my first post of 2013, is my latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project - a colorful thank you card with several very cool elements... alcohol inks, embossed text, stencil flowers stamped in chalk ink and a vertical sentiment framed in a window (with a pane, even!) with a delicate metal filigree butterfly perched on the side! My fingers were definitely inky with all these Blockheads stamps! But I sure wasn't complaining! ;)

I have had several UFOs (UnFinished Objects) on my desk in my scrap room for weeks now which I really need to finish. I went in there day before yesterday to see what ideas I could come up with and my mind went in the total opposite direction. You guessed it... the UFOs are still sitting there! ;)

I created a 4.25" x 5.5" ivory card base and set it aside. I placed a few drops of several different colors of alcohol inks (in rows) on my craft mat, spritzed them with water in a Mini Mister, wallered a piece of cardstock around in the puddles, and then dropped a few droplets of gold mixative down onto it. Wow -  what a gorgeous colorful background! Once dry, the droplets of gold mixative were kind of crusty so I brushed them up, down and across the entire background which left an overall subtle gold shimmer. I stamped the text background from the Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet in Versamark ink and embossed it with fine detail Pearl embossing powder from my stash. I absolutely love the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet, so I grabbed the two flower stamps (one large, one small) and the Pink Petunia VersaMagic dew drop, and randomly stamped them both all over the background piece.

I created the window frame out of some scrap cardboard backing from a pad of cardstock (because it was nice and thick) and two Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles dies. I stamped the vertical "Thanks" sentiment from the Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set with Jet Black StazOn ink on a piece of clear cardstock from my stash (also nice and thick), cut it with the larger of the two long rectangle dies and adhered it to the inside of the window frame with 1/8" Blockheads red liner tape. I matted the colorful background piece onto a larger piece of the scrap cardboard backing and attached it to the card base with Kool Tak clear foam dimensional strips. I attached five tiny pink gemstones to the left side of the window frame and adhered it to the front of the card. I completed the card with a filigree butterfly charm adhered to the lower left of the window with a Kool Tak clear foam pad cut in half.

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; scrap cardboard backing from a cardstock pad; clear cardstock from stash
  • Ranger Adirondack alcohol inks: Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow, Lettuce, Cranberry, Purple Twilight and Gold Mixative
  • Mini Mister filled with water
  • Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet
  • Versamark ink
  • Fine detail Pearl embossing powder from stash
  • Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet
  • VersaMagic Pink Petunia Dew Drop
  • Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles dies
  • Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set
  • Jet Black StazOn ink
  • 1/8" Blockheads Red Liner Tape
  • Kool Tak Clear Foam Dimensional Strips
  • Tiny pink gemstones
  • Metal filigree butterfly charm from stash
  • Kool Tak Clear Foam Pads


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning leslie :) Love the beautiful colours on the background and the design is so elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie! Great colors on your card and love that pretty metal butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a soft, gorgeous background, Leslie! I see the script laid over the flowers, and I love that combo. Hope your holidays were wonderful, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D