Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just a note...

This is my latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project - a Butterfly Medallion note card created with stamps from the gorgeous Blockheads Nature Medallions stamp set. Our design team is showcasing butterfly-themed projects this month and this stamp set screamed "use me!" I had a new yummy VersaMagic dew drop color that I was jones-ing to use (Aspen Mist) so I went with a teal, cream, black and white color combo which looks really nice. The text background stamp is from the Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet and the sentiment is from the Blockheads Verses-Special Delivery stamp set, both of which are on my list of all-time favs!

And yes, those UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that I mentioned a few weeks ago are still on my desk in my scrap room... In fact, I didn't even look at them today (out of sight, out of mind) because when I got home from work I already had this card design embedded in my brain. It worked up fairly quickly and I was thankful I had some crafty mojo goin' on! Some days I don't! ;)

I cut a 4.25" x 5.5" card base from white cardstock and set it aside. I cut the background piece from white cardstock and randomly stamped the large butterfly from the Blockheads Nature Medallions stamp set in VersaMagic Aspen Mist dew drop ink all over the cardstock. I then stamped the text background stamp from the Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet in VersaMagic Wheat dew drop ink over top the butterflies. I matted this background on a piece of ivory canvas cardstock with a thin border showing, then again on dark teal textured cardstock with a thick border showing. I adhered some ivory seam binding horizontally across the background piece and then fashioned a bow with another piece of the seam binding and set it aside. I used the VersaMagic Aspen Mist dew drop ink, DTP, to ink a small paper rose, hit it with the heat tool for a few second and set it aside. I stamped the butterfly medallion in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock and cut it with a Spellbinders Classic Circles die. I cut another circle from the dark teal textured cardstock using a slightly larger Classic Circles die and matted the butterfly medallion on it. I adhered the background piece to the card base and then affixed the medallion with 3-D foam squares to the front of the card, slightly to the right of center, over the seam binding. I adhered the seam binding bow to the left of the medallion and then affixed the rose to the center of the bow. I stamped the sentiment from the Blockheads Verses-Special Delivery stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the lower right portion of the background and affixed three ivory flat-back pearls to the lower left corner. That's it! Super simple with a very elegant result! ;)

I'd like to enter this note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock; Colorbok dark teal textured cardstock; Paper and More ivory canvas cardstock
  • Blockheads Nature Medallions stamp set
  • VersaMagic Aspen Mist dew drop ink
  • Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet
  • VersaMagic Wheat dew drop ink
  • Blockheads Verses-Special Delivery stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Ivory seam binding
  • Wild Orchid Crafts paper rose
  • Ivory flat-back pearls


Thanks so much for stopping by today - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Leslie...Sorry it has been so long since I have been around. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image and a really lovely card design, love your papers to. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Leslie! Love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!! I LOVE your background -- it looks like store bought paper!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty, Leslie--beautiful color and design!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card - love the way you stamped the background!
    The colors are gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creation is so very wonderfull! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card thanks so much for joining us at crafts and me this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D