Monday, January 21, 2013

Butterfly In Nature Note Card

I had the day off today so I played in the scrap room for a while this afternoon and created a couple DT inspiration projects. The Blockheads Paper Arts design team is showcasing butterfly-themed projects this month and I used stamps from the Blockheads Inspired By Nature Full Sheet stamp set for this note card that features black stamping on ivory canvas with a negative (ivory stamping on black) 1.5" EcoArtBoard square. These paper-covered recycled paperboard pieces are so awesome to stamp on, and this card was super simple and lots of fun! You won't believe how easy it was! ;)

I cut a 4.24" x 5.5" card base from ivory cardstock. Using the DTP technique, I covered a 1.5" EcoArtBoard square with VersaCraft Real Black ink and set it aside to dry. I stamped the cattails and butterfly with Nature sentiment on Studio Sticky Back Natural Canvas with VersaCraft Real Black ink, then hit it with the heat tool for a few seconds to set the ink. I trimmed the stamped canvas piece and matted it on black cardstock, then adhered it to the cardbase. I did not peel the sticky back off the canvas. I went ahead and hit the ink-covered EcoArtBoard square with the heat tool for a few seconds to set the ink and ensure that it was good and dry. I re-stamped just the butterfly portion of the large stamp with VersaMagic Wheat dew drop ink, and when it was dry, adhered the square to the canvas, lining up the portions of the image. I affixed three black flat-back pearls to the lower right-hand corner.

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Marco's black cardstock
  • Studio Sticky Back Natural Canvas
  • Blockheads Inspired By Nature stamp set
  • VersaCraft Real Black ink
  • EcoArtBoard - package of assorted sizes (1.5" square)
  • VersaMagic Wheat dew drop ink
  • Black flat-back pearls
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink


I finished the card by stamping  a matching single butterfly in Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the lower left-hand corner of the inside.


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

2 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D