Thursday, December 13, 2012

Merry Christmas Tag

I keep saying I just don't know where this year has gone... it'll be Christmas in another week and a half! Then soon after that, we'll embrace 2013! It's time to post another DT inspiration project for Dutch Dare Card Challenge DDCC #195 - Snowflakes, sponsored by Di's Digi Downloads!

For my 3-D Merry Christmas tag, I stamped the Christmas tree with star in white VersaCraft ink on dark grey cardstock, then cut out all five pieces - "fussy cut" as my friend Karen would say! ;) Then I covered each piece with Versamark and embossed them with clear UTEE. I repeated this process three more times - twice more with the UTEE and finally with White Fantasy embossing powder for a shimmery snowy effect. I assembled the tree on some of the dark grey cardstock and then matted that onto some silver foil cardstock. I added a vertical sentiment, a red satin bow with snowflake charm and black button, and three red flat-back pearls. Of course, I stamped the traditional tag "To:" and "From:" on the back. Very elegant tag with very simple construction! Love it! Hmm... wonder who's gift this will be attached to?!  :)

Recipe:
  • Paper And More dark grey textured cardstock; Marcos red cardstock; Bazzill Basics Silver Foil cardstock
  • Christmas tree stamp from the Blockheads Paper Arts Winter Wonderland stamp set
  • Versamark
  • Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
  • Sweet Stamps Fine Detail Fantasy White embossing Powder
  • Spellbinders Classic Squares die
  • Mrs. Grossman's Christmas Card Captions
  • "To:" and "From:" stamps from the Stampin Up! A Greeting For All Reasons stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Wild Orchid Crafts snowflake charm
  • Double face red satin ribbon; black button; red flat-back pearls



Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

2 comments:

Christina said...

Love the card Leslie and the snowflake charm is perfect.... have a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year xx

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Simply gorgeous!! Merry Christmas xox
Tammy at Créations LaDiva :) xx

P.S. I have some candy on my blog, you are more than welcome to join and thank you if you already have ☺