Sunday, December 23, 2012

Let It Snow!

Christmas is upon us! Can you believe it?! Another busy weekend but I was able to squeeze in a little time in the scrap room today to create another Christmas Blockheads DT inspiration project. I got an assorted size pack of EcoArtBoard from Blockheads several weeks ago and have been waiting for just the right time to play with them. Today was the day and this CAS card was super fun and super easy! OMG - I love this paper covered recycled paperboard! It's great to stamp on and I have more ideas using these fun little goodies, so stay tuned!

I cut a 4.5" square card base from white cardstock along with a slightly smaller square of white cardstock matted on dark green textured cardstock which I adhered to the card base. I spritzed Pewter Perfect Pearls Mists on a 2" square of EcoArtBoard from about an 8- to 10-inch distance for a more speckled snowy look. I hit it with the heat tool for a few seconds and then stamped the smaller Christmas tree from the Blockheads Winter Wonderland stamp set with VersaMagic Dew Drop Hint of Pesto ink and then hit it again with the heat tool for a few more seconds. I matted it on dark green textured cardstock leaving a very thin edge all the way around it, and adhered it in the center of the card front. I stamped the "Let It Snow!" sentiment (also from the Blockheads Winter Wonderland stamp set) on a piece of the scrap white cardstock with VersaMagic Dew Drop Hint of Pesto ink, cut and embossed it with a Spellbinders die. I trimmed off the ribbon slots and adhered it to the card front under the Christmas tree. I finished the card with four tiny clear gemstones in the upper right corner. Yep - that's all there was to it! ;)

Recipe:
  • Paper And More white cotton cardstock; Colorbok dark green textured cardstock
  • EcoArtBoard - Assorted Sizes (2" square)
  • Pewter Perfect Pearls Mists
  • Blockheads Winter Wonderland stamp set
  • VersaMagic Dew Drop Hint of Pesto ink
  • Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two die
  • Tiny clear gemstones


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie


No comments: