My Scrappy Friends

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A New Baby Girl

** 1/6/13 Top 3 Winner at Whoopsidaisy! **
** 12/31/12 Top 3 Winner at Tammy's Scrappin Corner! **

The last few days have been a whirlwind! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Santa brought me a new laptop as my last one was four years old and the screen was periodically going black on me while working. The old one had Vista and this new one has Windows 7. Of course, the way my luck goes, the version of PhotoShop I've been using on the old laptop won't work on this new one so I had to find a quick fix to get this card posted. I've done quite a bit of internet research over the last 24 hours and have found free (yes, free!) photo editing software called Gimp which works like a charm! I'm so stoked! I've discovered that my Microsoft Office 2007 won't work on this new laptop either (sigh) so the bucks I'll save by not having to purchase a new version of PhotoShop will more than pay for Microsoft Office 2010 that I need!

Just thought I'd share my good fortune, so now on with this post... The theme for this week's Dutch Dare Card Challenge #197 is "Celebration" and the challenge is sponsored by Crafty Sentiments Designs! Come play with us! I made a shabby chic new baby girl card and chose the adorable "Toby with Present" digi to play with. I paper pieced the image and layered it upon a few more layers. I got to use some papers from a very cool new 6x6 paper pack that I've not yet had an opportunity to use, which is always fun! Had a great time making this card and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!

I'd like to enter this sweet card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Pretty In Pink 6x6 Glitz paper pack; Paper and More  ivory canvas and chocolate cardstock; kraft cardstock from stash
  • Crafty Sentiments "Toby with Present" digital image
  • Ranger Victorian Velvet distress marker; Sakura Stardust pen; R20 Copic marker
  • Ranger Antique Linen distress ink
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles and Lacey Circles dies
  • Cheery Lynn Italian Flourish die
  • Lily of the Valley Circular Sentiment stamp
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Wild Orchid Crafts ivory crochet lace
  • Pink paper flowers from stash; pink flat-back pearls


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

Joann Burton said...

Hi Leslie,
I know exactly what you are talking about. I went through the same thing when I got my new laptop at the beginning of the year. Such a headache. I think they do it all just to make money....lol I had to even get another printer because it would not take my printer's software and the fix would not even work. But it all works out once you get use to it. I love GIMP also...

Great card and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

joann sassy raggedy

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful card Leslie. Love the pink and brown colour combo and the little flowers finishes it off perfectly. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pamela said...

Such a cute card, thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

Pam x

crafty-stamper said...

cute card love the die-cuts -thanks for joining us at Tammy' Scrapin Corner
carol DT x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Awwww such a cute card. I love the sweet image and the colours are gorgeous

Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge
Sue

Chris said...

Gorgeous card. That bunny is so cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week!
Chris
x

Ayesha Ahmed said...

this is such a sweet and cute card

cotnob said...

This is a pretty card, fab image and lovely layout.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

Joan Macdonald said...

I love this image and the design is lovely. Thank you for joining us over at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Joan x

Vicky said...

A beautiful card!! Thanks for joining our Ribbon or Lace challenge at Fab'n'Funky

hugs Vicky xxx

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining in our 'Seeing Double' challenge over at Sweet Stampin'. Love these colours and such a cute image too. x

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

This is adorable! I love Gimp as well, have fun with it:) Thanks so much for playing at Whoopsi Daisy this time!!

Bettina L. said...

Absolutely love this gorgeous vintage new baby card. Perfect for a celebration theme. Love the use of diecuts too. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx