Thursday, November 15, 2012

You're Picture Perfect

It's time to post another DT inspiration project for this week's Dutch Dare Card Challenge DDCC #191 - Diamonds and Pearls, sponsored by The Stamping Boutique! Tracey generously let us choose whatever image we wanted to play with and I zeroed in on the adorable "Polaroid Smoochie" digi (which is on sale, by the way), as I had the perfect sentiment stamp to use and I wanted to use some retro looking Basic Grey papers that I won a while back. I'm sure you remember those nifty Polaroid cameras we had years ago! I used clear gemstones to represent diamonds and and several pearls. I also used some gorgeous ivory Wild Orchid Crafts crocheted lace and a crocheted heart that I dyed with some Perfect Pearls Mists and Fireworks craft spray ink to make the perfect shade of sparkly lime green! I made a mini rosette with my Tim Holtz die and complimented it with a swirl flourish and a couple skeleton leaves. There is even a tiny spot of Glossy Accents on Smoochie's camera lens! This was a blast and sure brought back some great memories!

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock
  • Marjolaine by Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad
  • The Stamping Boutique's Polaroid Smoochie digital image
  • Copics: E000/01/33, Y00/02/21, C1/3, R00/20, BG000/11/18, G20, YG11
  • Spellbinders Classic Squares dies
  • Magnolia Doohickey Swirl and Tilda Lace dies
  • Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosettes die
  • Kiwi Perfect Pearls Mists; Bamboo Leaves Fireworks craft spray ink
  • Wild Orchid Crafts ivory crocheted lace and crocheted heart
  • Sentiment from the GKD "Falling For You" stamp set
  • Light green, dark green and white flat-back pearls; clear gemstones
  • Glossy Accents; skeleton leaves


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D