Sunday, November 18, 2012

Stencil Flowers Thinking of You (CAS)

I'm posting a second time today with another Blockheads DT inspiration project - a CAS Thinking of You card I created for our current Blockheads CAS Technique Challenge, hosted by design teammie Karen McAlpine. I also used the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet and Verses - Special Delivery stamp set for this card. C'mon and play with us- you have until November 21st! Visit the Blockheads CAS Cards technique page to check out Karen's tutorial.

Just like the other project I posted earlier, the card was stamped without ink. I colored the stamp with several Marvy water-based brush markers, huffed on it and stamped. I love this technique and  any of the stamps from the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet are absolutely perfect because they are deeply etched and you get a great impression! I did something a little different with the sentiment on this one - it's incorporated onto the ribbon across the bottom! I think it turned out kind of neat! I did use VersaCraft ink on that tiny portion of ribbon so it wouldn't run.

I cut a 4.25 x 4.5" card base from white cardstock and adhered an additional panel to the front for stability. Using a Spellbinders Classic Circles die, I cut through both thicknesses and embossed the opening. Using a slightly smaller Classic Circles die, I cut a smaller circle from the circle that came out of the front panel. Using one of the flower stamps from the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet, I colored the petals orange/yellow and leaves light/dark green with Marvy water-based brush markers and stamped in the center of the circle die cut. Using the Thinking of You stamp from the Verses - Special Delivery stamp set, I colored the entire sentiment with light/dark green Marvy water-based brush markers and stamped it below and to the right of the circular opening on the front of the card. I stamped the same sentiment again on the white ribbon with Maize VersaCraft ink and hit it with the heat tool. I adhered the ribbon across the bottom of the card, lining up the green and maize stamped portions of the sentiment, then adhered a bow fashioned from the white ribbon on the left side. I adhered the stamped circle die cut in the center of the opening and finished the card with three white flat-back pearls in the upper right corner.

I'd love to enter this Thinking of You card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock
  • Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet
  • Orange, yellow, light green and dark green Marvy water-based brush markers
  • Blockheads Verses - Special Delivery stamp set
  • Maize VersaCraft ink
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles dies
  • White ribbon; white flat-back pearls




Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

2 comments:

Mian said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant card! Love it!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

wonderful CAS card! Very beautiful stamping with the markers! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra