Just like the other project I posted earlier, the card was stamped without ink. I colored the stamp with several Marvy water-based brush markers, huffed on it and stamped. I love this technique and any of the stamps from the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet are absolutely perfect because they are deeply etched and you get a great impression! I did something a little different with the sentiment on this one - it's incorporated onto the ribbon across the bottom! I think it turned out kind of neat! I did use VersaCraft ink on that tiny portion of ribbon so it wouldn't run.
I cut a 4.25 x 4.5" card base from white cardstock and adhered an additional panel to the front for stability. Using a Spellbinders Classic Circles die, I cut through both thicknesses and embossed the opening. Using a slightly smaller Classic Circles die, I cut a smaller circle from the circle that came out of the front panel. Using one of the flower stamps from the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet, I colored the petals orange/yellow and leaves light/dark green with Marvy water-based brush markers and stamped in the center of the circle die cut. Using the Thinking of You stamp from the Verses - Special Delivery stamp set, I colored the entire sentiment with light/dark green Marvy water-based brush markers and stamped it below and to the right of the circular opening on the front of the card. I stamped the same sentiment again on the white ribbon with Maize VersaCraft ink and hit it with the heat tool. I adhered the ribbon across the bottom of the card, lining up the green and maize stamped portions of the sentiment, then adhered a bow fashioned from the white ribbon on the left side. I adhered the stamped circle die cut in the center of the opening and finished the card with three white flat-back pearls in the upper right corner.
I'd love to enter this Thinking of You card into the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp and Show - Stamp Without Ink!
- Simply Create Too Challenge #26 - Use Your Stash (white cardstock and ribbon from stash)
- Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Anything But Christmas (have had ribbon and Marvy water-based brush markers for several years)
- Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #40 - Anything Goes
- Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge #7 - Anything Goes
- Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock
- Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet
- Orange, yellow, light green and dark green Marvy water-based brush markers
- Blockheads Verses - Special Delivery stamp set
- Maize VersaCraft ink
- Spellbinders Classic Circles dies
- White ribbon; white flat-back pearls
Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)