Monday, November 12, 2012

Gift Ideas: Retro Thank You Cards (Green and Orange)

I'm back again with the second set of retro Thank You cards I created today as part of our ongoing Blockheads gift ideas showcase. I've had a great long weekend, having spent time with our kids and granddaughter and some quality time with hubby, and got several things accomplished. I'm loving the Fall weather and really looking forward to Thanksgiving as it's my favorite holiday. I'm always thankful for wonderful family and friends, but I was really feeling it this morning, thus the two sets of thank you cards! I am in love with the Blockheads Verses-Retro and Retro Shapes stamp sets and I did this set of Thank You cards in green and orange in memory of the avocado kitchen appliances and orange shag carpet from the 70's! LOL! Remember those color schemes?! It's truly amazing how the mind wanders! Hahahaha!

[Scroll down for photos of the individual cards]



I created four 4.25" square card bases from ivory cardstock and set them aside. I cut two 4-1/8" squares from orange cardstock and two from green cardstock. I cut four 4" squares from ivory cardstock and using the lines and blocks stamps from the Blockheads Retro Shapes stamp set, I stamped both the lines and the blocks with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink on two of the ivory squares and then stamped them again with Ranger Rusty Hinge distress ink on the remaining two ivory squares. I matted each on the corresponding color cardstock, then adhered the units to the card bases. I finished them with green and orange flat-back pearls in the upper left corner. It's amazing at how fast and easy these little sets of cards work up, and I just can't brag enough about these stamp sets! If you've never stamped with Blockheads stamps, you really need to give it a whirl - they are deeply etched and you get a good impression every time! ;)

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; green and orange cardstock from stash
  • Blockheads Verses-Retro and Retro Shapes stamp sets
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves ink
  • Ranger Rusty Hinge distress ink
  • Green and orange flat-back pearls





Thanks so very much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D