Sunday, November 25, 2012

hello

Yay! Got to play in the scrap room this weekend and created a couple Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration projects - this "hello" card and a fancy fold Christmas card which I'll post separately. The background on this card was created using the 6x6 Gelli Plate I just got, along with some Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray and several VersaMagic dew drop ink pads. Check out the Blockheads Make & Take video to see what kind of fun you can have with this nifty little gel mono print plate! AND it's on sale! Woo-hoo! I used the gorgeous Blockheads Flourished Bird Cage stamp which I absolutely love. I'm really pleased with the way this turned out!

I cut a 5-3/4" x 4-1/2" ivory card base and set it aside. I spritzed some Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray onto a piece of ivory cardstock and let it dry. I dabbed some Mango Madness VersaMagic ink onto the Gelli Plate and worked it horizontally and vertically over the plate with the brayer. I pressed the double diamond background stamp from the Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set randomly into the ink until the surface was covered with the stamp impression, and then pressed the Goosebumps-spritzed piece of cardstock onto the plate and peeled it off. I gave it a few minutes to dry and then rubbed the excess ink off the Goosebumps spots with a paper towel.

I cleaned the ink off the Gelli Plate, then inked the peeled paint background stamp (also from the Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set) with Hint of Pesto VersaMagic ink and stamped it directly onto the Goosebumps-spritzed cardstock and when it was dry, I rubbed the excess ink off the Goosebumps spots with a paper towel. I dabbed some Oasis Green VersaMagic ink onto the Gelli Plate and worked it horizontally and vertically over the Gelli Plate with the brayer. Using my finger, I drew some squiggly lines diagonally across the plate (this was a little messy), pressed the Goosebumps-spritzed piece of cardstock onto the plate and peeled it off. After it was dry, I rubbed the excess ink off the Goosebumps spots with a paper towel and cleaned the ink off the Gelli Plate.

Using StazOn Jet Black ink, I stamped the Blockheads Flourished Bird Cage onto this gorgeous background and trimmed it. When the ink was dry, I tied a piece of ivory ribbon to the left side and adhered it with a piece of Blockheads 1/8" red tape liner. I matted the stamped background piece onto a piece of textured dark teal cardstock, then again onto a piece of light teal cardstock. I matted that unit onto another piece of dark teal cardstock, leaving a slightly larger border around it, and then matted the entire unit onto the card base. I stamped "hello" from the Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set with VersaCraft Maize ink on a small piece of the dark teal cardstock then cut it with a small oval die. I adhered that to a light teal scalloped oval die cut then affixed it to the upper left corner slightly angled. I put an ivory dotted button on top of a slightly larger green dotted button and affixed them to the knot on the ribbon with a piece of waxed twine tied in a bow.

I cut and embossed four small flowers using a die (two from the light teal cardstock and two from the dark teal cardstock) and affixed tiny white flat-back pearls in the center of each. I adhered one to the "hello" sentiment and the other three in the lower right hand corner.

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; light teal and dark teal textured cardstock from stash
  • 6x6 Gelli Plate
  • Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray
  • Mango Madness VersaMagic ink
  • Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set
  • Hint of Pesto VersaMagic ink
  • Oasis Green VersaMagic ink
  • StazOn Jet Black ink
  • Blockheads Flourished Bird Cage stamp
  • Blockheads 1/8" red tape liner
  • Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set
  • VersaCraft Maize ink
  • Kool Tak clear foam pads
  • Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Scalloped Ovals and Flourish Accents dies
  • Ivory ribbon; green and ivory dotted buttons; waxed twine; tiny white flat-back pearls


Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments: