Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Holidays

This is the other Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project I created this weekend - a fancy fold Christmas card using several stamps from the beautiful Blockheads An Illustrated Christmas and Winter Wonderland stamp sets. OMG - this was soooo much fun! I've made several fancy fold cards over the years but never one like this woven one, and I have to say that I really enjoyed myself! I got the basic tutorial in an email and figured I'd give it a try! ;)

The finished card is 4" x 5.5". I did adjust the size to fit in a normal sized envelope. I created the card base from kraft cardstock as per the tutorial and embellished it with pieces of ivory, red, green and gold foil cardstock. Some of the snowflakes are from An Illustrated Christmas stamp set, and the other snowflakes, reindeer and sentiment are from the Winter Wonderland stamp set. The text background stamp is from the Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet. I used VersaCraft White ink for the snowflakes, Memento Rich Cocoa ink for the text, and Bamboo Leaves ink for the sentiment. I used Swiss Dots and Candy Cane Stripes embossing folders with DTP inking on several of the cardstock elements. The reindeer is embossed with Fantasy Gold fine detail embossing powder that I had in my stash which is really gold and shimmery! I finished this card with a red bow in the upper left corner and a super cute Santa in sleigh charm that has a little gift dangling from it! Love it! I'm really proud of how this turned out... my first attempt at a woven card! ;)

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; Marco's red cardstock; Bazzill Basics Gold Foil cardstock; textured green cardstock from stash
  • Blockheads An Illustrated Christmas stamp set
  • Blockheads Winter Wonderland stamp set
  • Blockheads Backgrounds Borders Full Sheet
  • VersaCraft White ink
  • Memento Rich Cocoa and Bamboo Leaves ink
  • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Candy Cane Stripes embossing folders
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles die
  • Fantasy Gold fine detail embossing powder from stash
  • Wild Orchid Crafts Santa in sleigh charm; red ribbon




Thanks so much for stopping by today and we'll see you later on! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

  1. What a fab card - really bright and cheerful...Ilove that little charm really sets it off...Very nice. Maisie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I love the design. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Leslie!!! Thank you so much for sharing the link to the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D