In addition to our current CAS Technique Challenge, this project is also part of our ongoing Blockheads gift ideas showcase. I created this set of four CAS "Thanks" note cards without using ink. I used different shades of blue Perfect Pearls and black Marvy brush marker along with a couple shades of blue cardstock. That's it! I think these turned really nice and were so super simple! I'm still in the "giving thanks" mode... not quite geared up for Christmas yet... although it'll be here before we know it!
These note cards are approximately 3-3/8" square and are blank inside. Using the largest Spellbinders Classic Squares Large die, I cut four square die cuts from blue shimmer cardstock. Using the largest Spellbinders Classic Squares Small die (which is approximately 1/4" smaller than the first one I used) I cut four more square die cuts from a different shade of blue cardstock and stamped the seahorse (from the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet) to the left of center on each with Perfect Pearls Medium and brushed them with the blues from the Aged Patina, Naturals and Jewel Perfect Pearls kits. I mounted the smaller squares onto the larger squares, and then adhered the units to ivory cardstock based that I trimmed about 1/8" larger than the largest square. I colored the Thanks stamp (from the Blockheads Verses - Special Delivery stamp set) with a black Marvy water-based brush marker and stamped it in the lower right-hand corner of each. That's it! Really!
I'd love to enter these stenciled seahorse Thanks note cards into the following challenges:
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge 76 - Feeling Blue
- Simon Says Stamp and Show - Stamp Without Ink!
- Crafting For All Seasons Challenge #40 - Thank You Cards
- Tammy's Scrappin' Corner Challenge #36 - Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too Challenge #26 - Use Your Stash (Perfect Pearls and both cardstocks from stash)
- Aud Sentiments Challenge 67 - THANKS!
- Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Anything But Christmas (both cardstocks from stash have been around for several years)
- Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #40 - Anything Goes
- Card Makin' Mamas Challenge Time - Thanksgiving/Thank You Cards
- Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge #7 - Anything Goes
- Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; DCWV blue shimmer cardstock; blue cardstock
- Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet
- Aged Patina, Naturals and Jewels Perfect Pearls kits
- Blockheads Verses - Special Delivery stamp set
- Black Marvy water-based brush marker
Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)