Monday, October 8, 2012

Gift Ideas: Stencil Flower Note Cards & Coasters

My latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project is a set of four simple inspirational note cards with matching coasters. You know me... I've been dubbed the "Note Card Queen", and Blockheads carries blank pulpboard coasters to stamp on, so it didn't take long for me to come up with some gift ideas! Plus I've fallen madly in love with the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet stamp set. OMG - the stamps in this set are absolutely gorgeous! My design teammates showcased quite a few gift ideas during the month of September but unfortunately life got in the way and I wasn't able to play. But work is closed today in observance of Columbus Day and my head is reeling with more ideas, so stay tuned - I hope to have more goodies to show you today! ;)

I created four white 4.5" square card bases and set them aside. I then cut four 4" squares of white cardstock and got out four Blockheads Large Square Coaster blanks and lined all eight of them up. Using the solid background stamp from the Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet stamp set, I stamped the background with VersaCraft Maize ink on all eight surfaces. I then stamped the large stenciled flower from this set with VersaMagic Dew Drop Night Sky ink in the lower right corner of the stamped background on each of the eight surfaces. I stamped the large sentiments "Believe", "Wish", "Dream" and "Imagine" from the Blockheads Verses-Full Sheet stamp set with VersaMagic Dew Drop Pumpkin Spice ink in the upper left corner of the stamped backgrounds (one sentiment per card and matching coaster). I then inked the edges of all eight pieces with the same Pumpkin Spice chalk ink.

I heat set the ink on the coasters with my heat tool and set them aside. I then matted each of the four stamped squares onto navy blue cardstock and adhered each to the card bases. I finished the inside of the cards by stamping the small stenciled flower from this same Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet stamp set with VersaMagic Dew Drop Night Sky ink in the lower left corner.

I would like to enter my note cards and matching coasters into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Blockheads Large Square Coaster blanks
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock; navy blue cardstock from stash 
  • Blockheads Stencil Stamps Full Sheet stamp set
  • Blockheads Verses-Full Sheet stamp set
  • VersaCraft Maize ink 
  • VersaMagic Dew Drop Night Sky ink
  • VersaMagic Dew Drop Pumpkin Spice ink


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

Alyce said...

Love these leslie! How cheerful..they are so pretty :)

Carla S. said...

Beautiful notecards and coasters, Leslie! Great design! Thanks for sharing them for the Little Miss Muffet Simplicity Challenge!

Sheryl said...

Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY this week with this fab set of notelets and coasters. I love the designs - simple yeat very effective.
Hope we see you again soon, hugs Sheryl xx

Debra Miller said...

These are fab Leslie. Thanks for joining us at LMM for our Simplicity Challenge - Deb

Elaine said...

Fab Notelets and Coasters Leslie well done great idea Hugs Elaine .
Thank you for joining us at The Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this week.
PS...there is a NEW freebie image for you to download from Linnie
you can find her here-
http://linnie-whoopsiedaisy.blogspot.co.uk/
Hugs Elaine

Trina said...

Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing these awesome cards and coasters with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!

cotnob said...

These are lovely Note Cards and Coasters, such a good idea.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

Hazel said...

Super project, beautifully made. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Hazel x

Vicky said...

Super project!! Ggorgeous colours, thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck in the draw!!

hugs Vicky xxx

http://vicky-pawprince.blogspot.co.uk/

Rach83 said...

A great set, Leslie. I love how you've kept the design simple so that it can suit any decor. Lovely inspirational words too.

Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

May said...

WOW!!! What a fabulous idea. gorgeous colours & design.. great gift idea... Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.... May x