Monday, October 8, 2012

Gift Ideas: Seashell Coasters & Thank You Card

Here I am... back as promised with more of these addictive little coasters! Although I wound up doing a few other things around the house today, I did manage to get another Blockheads DT inspiration project done - a set of four coasters with a matching Thank You card - as part of our gift ideas showcase. I used four large round pulpboard coasters and the beautiful seashell stamps from the Blockheads Seashells w/ Rectangle Frame stamp set. These stamps are just gorgeous!

I created a 4.5" square card base for the Thank You card and set it aside. I cut a 4" square of white cardstock and got out four Blockheads Large Round Coaster blanks and lined up all five pieces. I placed all four seashell stamps from the Blockheads Seashells w/ Rectangle Frame stamp set on a large acrylic block and stamped the five pieces with VersaMagic Dew Drop Wheat ink. I cleaned the stamps and shadow stamped a second time with VersaCraft Real Black ink to create an illusion of dimension. I heat set the ink on the coasters with my heat tool and set them aside. I matted the stamped cardstock square onto a piece of wheat cardstock and then onto a piece of black cardstock, then adhered the unit to the card base. I stamped the "Thank You" sentiment from the Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set in the lower  left corner with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I finished the card with three black gemstones in the upper right corner.

I would like to enter my seashell coasters with matching Thank You card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Blockheads Large Round Coaster blanks
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock; wheat cardstock from stash
  • Blockheads Seashells w/ Rectangle Frame stamp set
  • VersaMagic Dew Drop Wheat ink
  • VersaCraft Real Black ink
  • Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Studio 112 black gemstones


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful coasters and card! Love the seashell stamp. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, I love detailed images

    Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge this week

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Leslie, another gorgeous project for our challenge at INCY WINCY. Thanks again for taking part.
    Good luck
    Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fab projects.Thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coasters and cards are great, what a great project. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good luck! Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D