Friday, October 12, 2012

Birthday Cupcake

My granddaughter, Gigi, will turn nine on Monday and her party is tomorrow afternoon. I just don't know where the time has gone... it seems like she was born just yesterday! I was so excited when I made her birthday party invitations several weeks ago and even more excited to finish her birthday cupcake - a gift card holder decorated with paper flowers and a girly sentiment! Thanks so much to Julie P for the wonderful tutorial! Gigi's favorite color is blue and she wanted a pink birthday party, so I covered the cupcake with various shades of blue and pink flowers, and made a pink vertical belly band to hold the gift card. My favorite color is green, so I incorporated a little bit of "Grammy" into it by using the green floral paper for the wrapper. This was so much fun and I can't wait to make more! :D

I'd love to enter my Birthday Cupcake gift card holder into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; pink and green floral cardstock from stash; light pink textured cardstock from stash
  • 3" styrofoam ball, cut in half; three narrow strips of dimensional foam tape
  • Lili of the Valley Circular Sentiments
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles and Lacey Circles dies
  • Sentiment from the Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set
  • Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
  • Light pink satin double face ribbon
  • White flat-back pearl



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. This cupcake is tooooo adorable. I found this post at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! The flowers look so real! And it's just too clever. :) Thanks so much for participating in the 'Punches & Dies' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous. I love the colors and the flowers look real. Awesome creation. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy. We hope you will join us again.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! This is fa Leslie- very clever...The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty cupcake Leslie, I'm sure Gigi loved it, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D