** 10/23/12 Tuesday Alchemy Winner! **
This is my latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project, a super simple congratulations card made using a stamp from the Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set, a mini butterfly die with angel wings and a border die. This card took all of about 30 minutes to make, from start to finish! I absolutely love this retro verses stamp set as well as the Blockheads retro shapes stamp set - two of my favorites - and been playing around with some coaster ideas, so stay tuned!
I made a 4.25" x 5.5" card base from kraft cardstock and rounded the upper and lower right-hand corners. I stamped "Congratulations!!" (from the Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set) with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink in the lower right corner of the card base. I cut three pearl lace borders from magenta, teal and olive cardstock and adhered them together in a staggered fashion with Blockheads 1/8" red liner tape. I adhered a narrow strip of the kraft cardstock to the top of the magenta cardstock, lining up the left edge, and adhered the border unit to the left side of the card base. I had some rub-on stitches in my stash so I applied a section of the olive green with white stitching between the left edge of the card and the scalloped border. I die-cut three mini butterflies from the olive green cardstock along with three sets of angel wings from the teal cardstock and adhered them to the narrow strip of the kraft cardstock on the border. I adhered four small light brown flat-back pearls above, between and below the mini butterflies. I die-cut one additional butterfly from the magenta cardstock along with an angel wing from the teal cardstock and adhered it to the right of the border just above the sentiment.
It's amazing that just one sentiment stamp from this awesome Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set and a few die cuts created such a simple yet beautiful card! I just love it! I wish the colors were as vivid in the photo as they are in real life - I couldn't get the right lighting for some reason this afternoon; it was either too bright or not bright enough!
I'd love to enter this Congrats card into the following challenges:
- Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #36 - Color Challenge: Magenta, Olive & Teal
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge 74 - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge - Your Favorite (sentiment stamp from the Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set)
- Bearly Mine Challenge #57 - Anything Goes
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #186 - NO Rules!
- Anything Goes Challenge 78 - Make Your Own Embellishments
- Gina K Designs Pure Luxury kraft cardstock; magenta, teal and olive cardstock from stash
- Blockheads Verses-Retro stamp set
- Memento Bamboo Leaves ink
- Blockheads 1/8" red liner tape
- Memory Box Pearl Lace border die
- Cheery Lynn Designs Mini Dimensional Butterflies with Angel Wings dies
- Rub-on stitches from stash
- Light brown flat-back pearls
Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)