Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What's brewin'

It's time to post another GDT inspiration project for this week's Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #32 - Color Recipe, sponsored by the wonderful Robyn's Fetish and Scrapper's Delights! The colors in the recipe are golden brown, mustard and navy (one, two or all three of these colors) and no other colors except neutrals such as black, ivory, tan or white may be used.

I chose the elegant Robyn's Fetish "English Tea Cup" digi for my card which features a pocket on the inside that holds a tea bag. This all just came together so easily - when I saw the tea cup digi, I knew I had to create something to hold a tea bag. I had created a money holder card and a tea bag holder card last December over the holidays, using a slightly different technique, and I have to say this one is super easy (thank you, Barb Black!). I had several of these blanks already cut and scored for some other DT challenge inspiration projects, so stay tuned for some more fun using this awesome little pocket card!

I used all three colors in the recipe along with ivory. The background  is a lace background stamped in mustard seed distress ink, matted on mustard cardstock. I paper pieced my tea cup with golden brown and ivory, layered on a navy blue lacey circle. I finished it off with an ivory crochet flower with a mustard brad, and a couple flourishes to look like steam. I'm pleased with the way it turned out! ;)

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; golden brown, mustard and navy cardstock from stash
  • Robyn's Fetish "English Tea Cup" digital image
  • Great Impressions lace background stamp
  • Ranger mustard seed distress ink
  • Spellbinders Parisian Accents and Lacey Circles dies
  • Sweet N Sassy large scallop border die
  • Blockheads 1/4" and 1/8" Tacky Red Tape
  • Sentiment from GKD "Cool Beans" stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Ivory crochet flower; mustard brad; golden brown flat-back pearls




Here's a peek at the inside...



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

2 comments:

Alyce said...

Gorgeous Leslie! That tea cup is lovely and the colours are so pretty :)

Laine said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leslie. The colors all work together perfectly and I love the teapot and crocheted flower. It was great having you part of our team with Tuesday Alchemy.

Hugs and smiles

Laine