I had this afternoon off so I headed straight to the scrap room when I got home to create another DT inspiration project for the current Blockheads Pocket Card Technique Challenge hosted by our design teammate, Barb Black. These little pocket cards are so much fun! Come on... you still have time to play with us! Visit the Blockheads Pocket Card techniques page to see Barb's tutorial. She's been busy and has several awesome samples posted on her blog!
I kept my gift card holder super simple and went for a monochromatic CAS look. I stamped the butterfly image from the Blockheads Grunge Collages stamp set with Versamark ink on Blockheads Black Glossy cardstock. I embossed the image with fine detail silver embossing powder, trimmed it down and set it aside. I cut pieces of black glossy and silver foil cardstock for the front and matted the black onto the silver. I stamped Thank You from the Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set with Versamark ink on a narrow piece of black glossy cardstock cut for the bottom flap, embossed it with fine detail sliver embossing powder, and mounted it onto a narrow piece of silver foil cardstock. I adhered both matted units to the cardbase and adhered the embossed butterfly image to the front, off center and slightly to the right. I affixed a vertical row of black fabric roses to the left of the focal image with Blockheads 1/8" Red Liner Tape and finished the front with several small white flat-back pearls along the left side and on each side of the sentiment on the bottom flap.
For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from the Blockheads Verses-Feel better stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, centered across the top, and adhered the bottom flap to the inside of the card base with Blockheads 1/4" Red Liner Tape. Voila! ;)
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
- Crafting For All Seasons Challenge #36 - Things With Wings
- The Pink Elephant Challenge TPE 166 - Monochromatic
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Emboss It!
- Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #139 - Things With Wings
- Love To Create Challenge #33 - Things With Wings
- Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge #3 - Anything Goes
- Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock
- Blockheads Black Glossy cardstock
- Blockheads Grunge Collages stamp set
- Blockheads Verses-Feel better stamp set
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Versamark ink
- Sweet Stamps fine detail silver embossing powder
- Blockheads 1/8" and 1/4" Red Liner Tape
- Wild Orchid Crafts fabric roses and small white flat-back pearls
Here's a peek at the inside...
Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)