Saturday, September 8, 2012

Missing You

"Missing You" is my latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project, made with beautiful images from the Artistic Outpost's "A Lovely Day" stamp set. I've been experimenting again... I concocted a mixture of Tsukineko Walnut Ink and Terra Cotta spray inks, some Pewter Perfect Pearls Mist and a little water from an Inkessentials Mini Mister that I used to ink the edges of my card and to create the background. This was so much fun (I got really inky fingers) and I'm so tickled at how cool this turned out! I love my note cards and normally leave them blank inside, but I did decorate this one a bit with the double-row diamond background stamp from the Blockheads "Backgrounds For All Occasions" stamp set and the smaller AO image.

I created a 4.25" x 5.5" card base and tore about 3/4" off the right side of the front. I sponged the scrap piece I tore off, the entire front and inside right of the card base with Ranger Antique Linen distress ink. I sprayed some Tsukineko Walnut Ink and Terra Cotta spray inks along with some Pewter Perfect Pearls Mist on my craft mat, then laid my Blockheads Dot Stippler in the ink. I flipped it over and then laid half of my cardstock on it. I swirled the Dot Stippler back around in the ink, flipped it over and laid the other half of my cardstock on it so the entire piece of cardstock was covered. While that piece was drying, I inked the edges of the card base with the same ink mixture. I colored both images with Copics, Pewter and Pink Gumball Perfect Pearls Mists and Cranberry Adirondack alcohol ink on Tsukineko Fantastix pointed brush tip applicators. The images were too white, so I carefully sponged Ranger Antique Linen distress ink on the non-colored areas of the images and then roughly sponged some Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink on top of the Antique Linen being sure to leave lines from the edge of the sponge.

I stamped the sentiment from the Blockheads "Verses-Feel Better" stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the scrap piece of cardstock that I tore off the right side of the front of the card base and then cut each letter out. I matted each of those letter blocks, the stippled background and the focal image on burgundy cardstock. I also adhered a piece of the burgundy cardstock onto the right side of the card base to show when the card was closed. I adhered the stippled background to the card base, then adhered the focal image, a piece of ivory crocheted lace, a metal embellishment and the sentiment blocks onto the stippled background. I finished the front with five brown flat-back pearls. For the inside, I stamped the double-row diamond background stamp from the Blockheads "Backgrounds For All Occasions" stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink vertically down the right side. I adhered a narrow strip of black cardstock along the piece of burgundy cardstock, then adhered the small image in the lower right corner, leaving a large area on which to write a note to the recipient.

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock; burgundy cardstock
  • Artistic Outpost's "A Lovely Day" stamp set (stamped by Blockheads with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah cardstock)
  • Tsukineko Walnut Ink and Terra Cotta spray inks
  • Pewter Perfect Pearls Mist
  • Blockheads "Backgrounds For All Occasions" stamp set
  • Ranger Antique Linen distress ink
  • Blockheads Dot Stippler
  • Copics: E00, E35
  • Pink Gumball Perfect Pearls Mist
  • Cranberry Adirondack alcohol ink
  • Inkessentials Mini Mister with water
  • Tsukineko Fantastix pointed brush tip applicators
  • Ranger Walnust Stain distress ink
  • Blockheads "Verses-Feel Better" stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Joann's ivory crocheted lace
  • Wild Orchid Crafts metal embellishment and brown flat-back pearls

Open...



Closed...



A peak at the inside...



Thank you so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

Alyce said...

Gorgeous leslie! Love those vintage tones and all of the details are amazing..great work! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hello Leslie! This is pretty inside as well as out. :) Love the vertical sentiment.

Joann Burton said...

Wow This is wonderful Leslie. Very creative. joann sassy raggedy