Monday, September 24, 2012

It's A Party!

Woo-hoo! It was my pleasure to create the birthday party invitations for my granddaughter, Gigi, who will turn nine in several weeks. She wants a pink party! OMG - this was so much fun and I enjoyed it immensely! I used the awesome little pocket card technique gotten from my Blockheads design teammate, Barb Black (thanks once again, Barb!). These invites have a bit too much dimension to fit into an envelope, so the pocket card was perfect. They are all-girly pink and the inside features a removable card with all the party details. ;)

I recently bought the cutest set of round Calendar stamps that I just love and was dying to use, so of course, I used the Time To Celebrate one on the front with the month, date and year, along with  my fav lace background and retro diamond border (both stamped in pink), a white flourish and leaf, and gorgeous pink trellis rose. Can't forget the pink distressing on the edges, the pink gemstones and white flat-back pearls! I just love how these turned out!

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock; textured pink cardstock from stash
  • Lili of the Valley round Calendar stamp
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Great Impressions Lace Background stamp
  • Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set (diamond border)
  • Martha Stewart Pink Geranium ink
  • Ranger Spun Sugar Distress ink
  • Magnolia Doohickey Tilda Lace die
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles die
  • Wild Orchid Crafts pearl spray, trellis rose and white flat-back pearls
  • EK Success magenta Zig ball pen



Here's a view showing the removable card with the party details...


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

Alyce said...

Beautiful! The pinks are so pretty and i love the big flourish die cut :)

Christina said...

Now this is my kind of card so girly... I love the pink and the flowers xx

Joann Burton said...

Awww, very very cute. I love these. joann sassy raggedy