Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Congratulations

Oooooh-weeee! I'm guest designing for Tuesday Alchemy for the month of September and I'm so stoked! We've got some fun challenges coming up, so come play with us! My first DT inspiration project is a baby girl congratulations card that I created for Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #30 - Anything Goes, sponsored by Fabric.com and Broken Box Designs! I chose the absolutely adorable single "Peas In A Pod" digi by Broken Box Designs for my card which, believe it or not, is a freebie on their site. Freebie or not, I knew I had to have it because it went perfectly with the 'little sweet pea' paper I had in my stash!

I paper-pieced the baby pea image with green and very pale pink, and matted it on pink, green and black to go with the bold outline of the image. I double-matted the background paper on ivory and pink to go with those soft colors. I kept the theme fairly simple, using a couple dainty pink ribbons, a baby bottle charm and pink flat-back pearls. I love the way it turned out!

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory and black cardstock; green, medium pink and pale pink cardstock
  • 'Little sweet pea' patterned paper from stash
  • Broken Box Designs single "Peas In A Pod" digi image
  • Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Scalloped Ovals and Classic Squares dies
  • Kaisercraft baby rub-ons (sentiment)
  • Pink scalloped organza ribbon; pink satin ribbon
  • Blockheads baby bottle charm
  • Pink flat-back pearls



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

6 comments:

Alyce said...

Woohoo congrats on your guest dt position leslie! How exciting! :D Love your cute card...that image is just adorable and the design is great :)

sari said...

Hi leslie and a warm welcome to Tuesday Alchemy!Awww....This card is just so adorable! Such a cute image and pretty papers! Have a wonderful crafty day! Hugs and sunshine

Laine said...

Absolutely love your card Leslie!! The image is so cute and I love the colors you used as well as the pearls. I am so glad you are a part of our design team this month as a guest designer. Love your blog too - just had to become a follower.

With hugs and smiles

Laine

Christina said...

Well done on the DT position and I love this card... it's so cute and perfect for that new arrival. Love the baby bottle charm that you have added to the card xx

Joann Burton said...

Very adorable. I love the pinks and greens. joann sassy raggedy

butterfly said...

Congrats on your GD slot - and what a cute card to kick off with!
Alison x