It's not a requirement, but if you want to include the code snippet to make it a blog hop and show thumbnails of all participants' projects, use this link code:
<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<!-- end InLinkz script -->
[To enter this code after composing your post, switch to HTML editing mode by clicking the HTML button on the top left of your post, paste the code immediately following the HTML code already created by Blogger and click the Compose button again.]
Note: If you use WordPress, which won't allow script tags, use this code:
<!--start InLinkz script -->
<a href="http://www.inlinkz.com/wpview.php?id=188163"><img style="border:0px"
<!-- end InLinkz script -->
There's another way to take our challenge if you don't have a blog, and that is via our Facebook group! You'll need to join if you're not already a member, then all you need to do is post an image of your project on the group's wall by September 21st. The Facebook winner will get to pick out any 4" x 5" set of Blockheads stamps on cling cushion, and there are some awesome stamps to choose from!
I randomly lightly sponged several colors of Ranger distress inks onto the entire back side of my card base created per Barb's tutorial - Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, Dried Marigold, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar - and then inked the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink. I stamped the diamond pattern from the Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set with Memento Bamboo Leaves across the bottom flap. I randomly stamped the dot pattern also from the Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set with Memento Pear Tart over top the sponged areas. I then used the curly-Q stamp from the Blockheads Grunge It Up stamp set using various Versamagic dew drops - Hint of Pesto, Night Sky, Purple Hydrangea and Mango Madness - in between the dot pattern. For the sentiment, I covered a chipboard tag with Versamark ink and Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, and then another layer of Versamark ink, Clear UTEE and some Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder, and while still hot, stamped "Believe" from the Blockheads Verses-Full Sheet stamp set. I adhered the tag to the front of the card and added a leaf, a couple strands of pearl spray and some WOC flowers to the left side of the tag, and eight dots of Bisque Liquid Pearls across the bottom of the tag. I adhered a piece of crochet lace across the bottom of the diamond pattern on the bottom flap with Blockheads 1/8" Red Liner Tape, and finished the card with eight tiny pink gemstones in the lower right corner just above the flap.
On the inside, I adhered two squares of textured light blue cardstock, adhered the bottom flap to the inside of the card base with Blockheads 1/4" Red Liner Tape and then inserted a Blue Mountain Arts wallet card with an awesome inspirational poem by Ashley Rice. This card will go to someone very near and dear to my heart, so the poem was just perfect! I'm also considering including a gift card of some sort (haven't decided what kind yet), as shopping is definitely good for the soul!
I'd like to enter this inspirational card into the following challenges:
- Paper Crafting Journey - My Sentiment Exactly!
- Tammy's Scrappin' Corner - Weekly Challenge #28 Anything Goes
- Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge 51 - Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too Challenge #22 - Anything Goes
- Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC224 - No Patterned/Designer Paper
- Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock
- Ranger distress inks - Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, Dried Marigold, Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet
- Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set
- Memento Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart ink
- Blockheads Grunge It Up stamp set
- Versamagic dew drops - Hint of Pesto, Night Sky, Purple Hydrangea and Mango Madness
- Versamark ink and Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
- Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
- Blockheads Verses-Full Sheet stamp set
- Bisque Liquid Pearls
- Blockheads 1/8" and 1/4" Red Liner Tape
- Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and white crochet lace
- Magnolia Doohickey leaf die
- Tiny pink gemstones
- Blue Mountain Arts wallet card with poem by Ashley Rice
Here's a peek at the inside. Be sure to read the poem on the wallet card - it's so awesome! :D
Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)