Sunday, September 9, 2012

Absolute Beauty

I had some more playtime today in the Scrap Room (woo-hoo!) and created another Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project, a note card with images from Lynne Perrella's Paper Artsy "Pageant" stamp set. This was tons of fun and I once again found myself with inky fingers! Oh darn! ;) Wink! Wink! I used stamps from several Blockheads stamps sets - Backgrounds For All Occasions, Grunge It Up and Vintage Light & Form. I usually leave my note cards blank on the inside, but once again I decorated the inside just a bit, leaving a large area blank to write a note.

I cut a 5.5" x 4.25" card base from white cardstock and chomped the corners of the card base and the main image with my tonic ticket punch. I masked the main image and spritzed some Rose Bud Fireworks Craft Ink Spray on it, and also spritzed some Bamboo Leaves Fireworks Craft Ink Spray on the smaller square image. I stamped the cracked paint background stamp with Ranger Spun Sugar distress ink on the card base and Memento Bamboo Leaves ink on the main image over top the Rose Bud Fireworks Craft Ink Spray (leaving the mask in place). I stamped the corner floral stamp in the upper right portion of the card base.

I used the small curly-Q stamp (my absolute fav stamp from the Blockheads Grunge It Up stamp set) and randomly stamped it with Memento Pear Tart ink all over the card base and main image (again leaving the mask in place). I stamped the postal image across the bottom of the card base in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped the Absolute Beauty sentiment in Versamark on green cardstock and embossed it with Ranger black embossing powder, then cut it out with a Spellbinders Large Labels die. I removed the mask and  colored the main image and the smaller pageant ribbon image (for the inside) with Copics and a touch of Sakura Stardust pen in the centers of the ribbons. I matted the main image on green cardstock and layered green cardstock behind the front panel of the card base.

I glue-dotted tucks in a piece of light pink satin ribbon and adhered it to a strip of white cardstock with Blockheads 1/4" Red Liner Tape. I adhered the vertical sentiment to the upper left side of the card and then adhered the ribbon over the edge of the sentiment in a vertical fashion down the left side of the card and affixed some white flat-back pearls under the tucks. I adhered the small square image and the main image to the front of the card with thick dimensional foam pads. I fashioned a bow with the light pink satin ribbon and adorned it with a metal embellishment and small white flat-back pearl. I affixed the bow to the upper right corner of the main image and finished the card with two white flat back pearls in the lower left corner.

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock; green cardstock
  • Images from Lynne Perrella's Paper Artsy Pageant stamp set (stamped by Blockheads on Neenah cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink)
  • Copics: YG17, G05, C5, RV21/25
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • Blockheads Backgrounds For All Occasions stamp set
  • Blockheads Grunge It Up stamp set
  • Blockheads Vintage Light & Form stamp set
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart and Tuxedo Black ink
  • Ranger Spun Sugar distress ink
  • Ranger black embossing powder
  • Fireworks! Bamboo Leaves and Rose Bud spray inks
  • Spellbinders Large Labels die
  • Blockheads 1/4" Red LinerTape
  • Light pink double face satin ribbon
  • Wild Orchid Crafts metal embellishment and white flat-back pearls



And here's a peek at the inside...


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Your Artsy project turned out great!! I love how it has such a fun feel (or maybe I mean look) to it!! Like how you did the backgrounds and the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D