Sunday, July 29, 2012

House


The Blockheads Paper Arts Design Team has been playing with distress markers and some really awesome Artistic Outpost stamps that Blockheads is now carrying. This is the first of two DT inspiration projects I created to showcase these stamps, and I used “The Outpost” stamp set for this card. These stamps are of great quality and give you a real clean, crisp image. I was going for a CAS/monochromatic look, and only used one color in addition to the ivory and black.

After creating my card base with ivory cardstock, I stamped the large house and tree image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and trimmed it. I also stamped the pocket watch image on a scrap piece of ivory cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, cut it out, and set it aside.

I used water-based Marvy brush markers and water in an Inkessentials Mini Mister for this project. I scribbled some green on the craft mat, then heavily misted water over it. I scribbled that around with a Tsukineko Fantastix applicator and “painted” the tree and grass in the image, and set it aside to dry. Once dry, I matted this focal image on a piece of black cardstock and adhered it to the front of the card base. I adhered the small clock piece to the upper left with dimensional foam squares along with a black satin bow. I finished the front with three black flat-back pearls affixed to the upper right corner.

I stamped the inside sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on another scrap piece of ivory cardstock, trimmed it and mounted it on a strip of black cardstock cut the width of the card. I finished the inside with three tiny clear gemstones on both sides of the sentiment.


Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory and black cardstock
  • Artistic Outpost's "The Outpost" stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Inkessentials Mini Mister
  • Tsukineko Fantastix applicator
  • Green Marvy water-based brush marker
  • Black double face satin ribbon
  • Want2Scrap black flat-back pearls



Here is a peek at the inside:



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Beautiful! Love the image and design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Karen McAlpine said...

This set looks great in all Black/white!! Love the bow on the pocket watch!

Joann Burton said...

WOW, that clock makes it...So creative. joann sassy raggedy

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful - love the added clock! Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!