Sunday, July 29, 2012

Enjoy simple beauty

**7/31/12 Tuesday Alchemy Winner!**

As mentioned in my previous post, the Blockheads Paper Arts Design Team has been playing with distress markers and some really awesome Artistic Outpost stamps that Blockheads is now carrying. This is the second DT inspiration project I created to showcase these stamps, and I used the Old Grist Mill stamp set for this one. I just love the rustic look of the stamps in this set!

After creating my card base with ivory cardstock, I sponged the outside perimeter with Ranger Antique Linen distress ink. I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and then inked them with Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink. I stamped the old grist mill with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on a smaller piece of cardstock, then stamped the “Enjoy simple beauty” sentiment across the bottom right with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I then sponged Ranger Antique Linen distress ink all over the image. I tore the image out and inked the torn edges with Ranger Walnut Stain distress ink.

I wanted more subtle color on this card also, so I used very diluted color. I used water-based Marvy brush markers and water in an Inkessentials Mini Mister. I scribbled some green on the craft mat, then heavily misted water over it and scribbled that around with a Tsukineko Fantastix applicator and “painted” the trees and brush in the image. I did the same thing with the blue marker for the water and the brown marker for the structure. I set this aside to dry.

I had saved a flap from a cardboard box, so I cut a rectangular piece to fit the front of the card base. I tore the face off of it and inked the edges and the fronts of the ridges (DTP technique) with Ranger Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks. I hit this with the heat tool for a few seconds and then wrapped some twine three times and tied it in a knot. I then mounted the old grist mill focal image onto the distressed cardboard with dimensional foam squares, and then mounted that entire piece onto the card base with dimensional foam squares. I finished the front with four dots of Bisque Liquid Pearls in the lower right corner.

I stamped the sentiment “Simplify. Simplify.” with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on the inside of the card. I also stamped the small rectangular Old Grist Mill image on a piece of scrap cardstock which I cut out and adhered to the bottom left of the inside of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock
  • Artistic Outpost's Old Grist Mill stamp set
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Ranger Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks
  • Flap from cardboard box
  • Green, blue and brown Marvy water-based brush markers
  • Inkessentials Mini Mister
  • Twine
  • Bisque Liquid Pearls




Here is a peek at the inside:



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie


7 comments:

Katya- Ангел ф кедах said...

Lovely iamge!

Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs Katya x

P.S I am having a blog giveaway at my personal blog, you are very welcome to join
http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie/2012/07/my-blogs-1st-birthday.html

Eileen Ng said...

Gorgeous! The image and colors really give off a vintage feel!

Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen

Karen McAlpine said...

Great idea for using the markers with the Fantastix! Lovely vintage feel!

Laine said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy.

With smiles

Laine

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the subtle coloring and the added cardboard! Thanks again for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

Joy said...

Stunning, love the vintage feel to this card.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Karen said...

I saw this on the Blockheads blog and had to come and see how you 'made' it. Thank you very much for the tutorial. I have some of those Fantastix tools and I know how to use them thanks very much Karen