Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Birthday Fishes

Here is my latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project - a whimsical CAS card that I created with the adorable Blockheads Fish Tile stamp covered with Blockheads Glass Clear Micro Marbles! I just love the look on this little gal's face! She's too stinkin' cute! This was a fun and simple project that required only a few really awesome Blockheads products! I love projects that don't require a long list of supplies! :)

I created a 5.25" square card base along with black and navy blue cardstock mats. I stamped the Fish Tile stamp with Memento Paris Dusk ink and cut it out with a Spellbinders Classic Squares die. I had to improvise a little... I only had one piece of red liner tape sheet left in my stash and it wasn't quite large enough to cover this image, so I flipped the image upside down and ran it through my Xyron machine to cover with adhesive and then covered it with the Glass Clear Micro Marbles for a look of water. I brushed some off in spots so it wouldn't look so 'perfect' and ran the brayer over it several times. I then covered it with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder and hit it with the heat tool to make sure they adhered well. I matted this focal image onto black and navy blue cardstock mats cut with larger SB Classic Square dies. I adhered the entire unit onto a large white mat cut with a SB Lacey Squares die. I adhered some navy blue ribbon horizontally across the base mat, then adhered the focal image unit on top. I fashioned a bow from some of the navy blue ribbon and affixed it to the right side of the focal image, and attached two white flat-back pearls to the center of the bow. I created a "Birthday Fishes" sentiment on the computer, cut it out with a SB Classic Circles die and adhered it to the lower right. I finished the card with several tiny navy blue flat-back pearls on the upper and lower left.

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock; textured navy blue cardstock
  • Blockheads Fish Tile stamp
  • Memento Paris Dusk ink
  • Blockheads Glass Clear Micro Marbles
  • Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
  • Spellbinders Classic Squares, Lacey Squares and Classic Circles dies
  • JoAnn's 5/8" double-faced satin navy blue ribbon
  • White and navy blue flat-back pearls



Close-up of these awesome Clear Glass Micro Marbles!


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, this is wonderful. I love the blue. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just want to reach out and touch this surface! All those tiny marbles are so amazing! Great creation, Leslie, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way this turned out!! What a great idea to heat emboss over the beads. I bet that really keeps them from falling off. Love that pretty bow too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D