Visit the Blockheads Emboss Paper Technique page to see Leigh's tutorial for creating awesome backgrounds using TP and an embossing folder!
For my "Friends" note card, I used the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder with the TP for the background and sponged lilac and green Martha Stewart inks onto the flowers and stems/leaves and lightly around the surrounding areas. I used the beautiful "Friends" sentiment from the Blockheads Verses-Special Delivery stamp set, stamped in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, cut with a Spellbinders Classic Ovals die and matted on a SB Scalloped Oval die cut. I cut a large butterfly with a die from the SB Fanciful Flight set and matted it on handmade paper so the wings look like they have veins. I added some antennae, bling on her abdomen, a butterfly trail, an organza bow and some pearls. I left the inside blank to write my own note.
- Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock; purple and green cardstock
- Handmade purple paper
- Blockheads Verses-Special Delivery stamp set
- Memento Bamboo Leaves ink
- Martha Stewart lilac and stem green inks
- Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Scalloped Ovals and Fanciful Flight dies
- Want2Scrap white pearl swirl flourish
- White organza ribbon; tiny green flat-back pearls; purple gemstones; green shimmer brad