Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Botanical Silhouette Note Card


Here is my fourth DT inspiration project that I created last evening for the current Blockheads Paper Arts Challenge - Textured Paper with Embossing Folders Technique Blog Hop!

Visit the Blockheads Emboss Paper Technique page to see Leigh's tutorial for creating awesome backgrounds using TP and an embossing folder!

For my Botanical Silhouette Note Card, I used the Lifestyle Crafts Polka Dots embossing folder with the TP for the background and sponged Ranger Dried Marigold and Wild Honey distress inks over it. I then stamped background script text in Rusty Hinge distress ink using one of the background stamps from the Blockheads Backgrounds Borders stamp set which they unfortunately no longer carry. I then stamped one of the gorgeous flower stamps from the Blockheads Botanical Silhouettes stamp set in the Rusty Hinge distress ink, then cut it out with a Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Ovals die and matted it on a slightly larger SB Petite Ovals die cut. I dyed some seam binding with the Rusty Hinge Distress ink, fashioned a bow and added a couple WOC flowers. I left the inside blank.

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; orange cardstock
  • Charmin
  • Lifestyle Crafts Polka Dots embossing folder
  • Blockheads Botanical Silhouettes stamp set
  • Ranger Dried Marigold, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge distress inks
  • Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Ovals dies
  • Seam binding
  • Wild Orchid Crafts flowers


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful Leslie! Gorgeous colors and image! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D