Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All Aboard


Here is another one of several DT inspiration projects that I created last evening for the current Blockheads Paper Arts Challenge - Textured Paper with Embossing Folders Technique Blog Hop!

Visit the Blockheads Emboss Paper Technique page to see Leigh's tutorial for creating awesome backgrounds using TP and an embossing folder!

For my all-occasion "Best Wishes" card, I used the Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripes embossing folder with the TP for the background and sponged it with Ranger Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks. I used the train and All Aboard sentiment stamps from the Blockheads Vintage Railway stamp set which I embossed with Versamark and Ranger clear embossing powder on dark brown cardstock. The Best Wishes sentiment on the inside is from the Blockheads Verses-Special Delivery stamp set. I did some matting with the dark brown cardstock and a distressed piece of manila file folder and attached them together with some bronze flat square eyelets that I had in my stash. I matted the stamped Best Wishes sentiment on the inside and stamped a railway lantern in the lower left corner with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I tried to stay with a masculine theme for this card. It was difficult not using ribbon/bows and bling! :)

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury kraft and chocolate cardstock; manila file folder
  • Charmin TP
  • Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripes embossing folder
  • Blockheads Vintage Railway stamp set
  • Versamark and Ranger clear embossing powder
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Blockheads Verses-Special Delivery stamp set
  • Ranger Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks
  • Twine; bronze flat square eyelets




I have two more DT inspiration projects for this technique challenge, all created with TP, embossing folders and Blockheads stamps, which I will post separately.

Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments: