Saturday, April 14, 2012

Summer Flip Flop

I've been playing with Lost Coast Designs border stamps again! My latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project is a flip flop, designed by yours truly. Shoe by shoe, flip flop by flip flop... I'm adding to my paper shoe collection. I embossed the insole, embellished the straps with pearls and a gorgeous inked flower, and completed it with a "tread" design on the bottom. That's where the Tear Drops border came in. :)  OMG - this was a blast, and I have another one in the making, so stay tuned!

I cut out my flip flop upper sole, bottom sole, and two straps. I embossed the upper sole, and stamped the bottom sole with the LCD Tear Drops border stamp. I attached the straps and glued on the bottom sole, then finished it with double-row flat-back pearls and a handmade flower. That's it! Easy peasy! I've posted my template with instructions as a freebie to share HERE.

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Sweet Mango and Kraft cardstock
  • Leslie Turner's flip flop template
  • Lost Coast Designs Tear Drops border stamp
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Lifestyle Crafts Polka Dots embossing folder
  • Large handmade pumpkin inked flower from The Crafting Boutique
  • Double-row white flat-back pearls




Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

Joann Burton said...

Leslie, these are wonderful. I want to wear them....Glad you posted the freebie I am going to try it. joann Sassy Raggedy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try making one.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Just gorgeous! I loved seeing those black ones, the newer pair, and now I see these with pearls (my fave accessory) and am smitten. :)

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Soooooo divine!! You did a great job with those LCD borders!

MaryEllen said...

Wow so very pretty! I love paper shoes and your flip flop is great thanks for the inspiration and the template